Foreign guests and the TM 30 form.

Hi

I'm renting a house in Chiang Mai, my landlord filled in the TM30 form to notify immigration me and my wife are staying at that address.

In a couple of months we will have my parents in law (both Dutch nationals) staying with us for about 3 weeks.

Do I (or the landlord) have to notify immigration that they are staying with us?

I had the local police - three of them - visit on Saturday to get my wife to declare she was 'sheltering an alien'. One is her brother, another a cousin. After an hour having coffee and biscuits and a blend of banana, passion fruit and honey, off they went. I took the opportunity to have a photo taken with them.

post-5931-0-28272400-1443412614_thumb.jp

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

Tried twice at Jomtien to report 3 guests. Think they thought I was ting tong and a nuisance to boot. Gave up in the end and went home. Will risk the 5000 baht fine in future.

You take the TM30 form upstairs to report it. Have copies of your papers.

Tried twice at Jomtien to report 3 guests. Think they thought I was ting tong and a nuisance to boot. Gave up in the end and went home. Will risk the 5000 baht fine in future.

It's enough to make you nuts.

One report says you MUST report all visitors, then when you do you get treated like your insane ( depending on the immigration officer that sees to you I suspect) .

Then if you don't, you get fined when they find out. You do at some immigration offices, and you don't at others.

So much conflicting information, or moving the goal posts.

How ever much you try to smile and keep cool it wears a bit thin after a while. blink.png

facepalm.gif