Ex Phuket civilian police volunteer busted with 4kg of kratom leaves

Lite Beer

Ex Phuket civilian police volunteer busted with 4kg of kratom leaves
Eakkapop Thongtub

1443332133_1.jpg

PHUKET: Thalang police this morning raided the house of a former civilian police volunteer who was found to be in possession of four kilogrammes of fresh kratom leaves, a Category 5 drug in Thailand.

Serving search warrant no. 83/2558, which was issued by the Phuket Provincial Court yesterday, the raid team of about five armed officers was led by Pol Lt Col Wirayut Sittirattanakul, deputy chief of the Thalang Police Station, under the command of Thalang Police Chief, Pol Col Chanuchan Chonsuwat.

At about 7am this morning, the raiders moved in on the target house, in Pa Klok's Moo 2, catching the house owner, Mr Jumrat “Bang Mutt” Na-nakhon by surprise.

“In the kitchen, we found a basket full of fresh kratom leaves, weighing about 4kg in total,” said Pol Lt Col Wirayut.

Bang Mutt, a former civilian police volunteer (อดิตอาสาสมัครตำรวจบ้าน) with Thalang Police, was arrested and brought back to his old stomping grounds at the Thalang Police Station, but this time on the other side of the law.

He has been charged with possession of a Category 5 drug.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ex-phuket-civilian-police-volunteer-busted-with-4kg-of-kratom-leaves-54286.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-27

You think they might have something better to do then bust people for a leave that you can buy pretty much anywhere else in the world. Maybe the cops should start screening the borders for terrorists or get in their cars and start clamping down on the idiotic Thai driving that puts them almost at the top of the worlds most dangerous roads list. Talk about stupid.

You think they might have something better to do then bust people for a leave that you can buy pretty much anywhere else in the world. Maybe the cops should start screening the borders for terrorists or get in their cars and start clamping down on the idiotic Thai driving that puts them almost at the top of the worlds most dangerous roads list. Talk about stupid.

An illegal drug is illegal, like it or not.

How can you justify 'it was only a small amount ?

Get in the real world.

Get in the real world.

maybe read about the Nuremberg trials or something, your defense doesnt always stand up in court in the real world, we have the right not to support fascism and we even have the right to call it stupid, just as you have the right to do what you are told

Edited by phycokiller

Get in the real world.

There are so many laws on the books in most countries that no matter what you do, you probably break a law (that means you personally and everyone else) - on a daily basis! So basically everyone should be throw in jail. That's the problem with governments: they just keep getting bigger and the bigger they get, they more laws the legislative bodies want to make - and there are a whole lot of stupid laws. Shopping on Sunday at one time was illegal in certain places. In your book those people should be prosecuted; in my book the legislators should be throw out of office and replaced with someone who isn't an idiot. That is the real world.

I've know people like you throughout my life dude: "All law should be strictly enforced", well, except for the ones you break! Ain't that right?

In my world, all laws should be reviewed, and 'stupid' should be thrown out. For example, the laws on possession of pot that just got tossed out in Washington State and Colorado. Kratom? What a joke. Law enforcement isn't doing its jobs by ignoring 'real' crimes that really impact society and harm people in order to bust someone on what's really a morality issue. Basically it's selective enforcement, and for that matter, selective legislation of ludicrous "laws", which really is a morality issue. Selective enforcement allows serious crime to go unsanctioned and concentrates on the trivial and is usually aimed at the most common folk in society. That is the real world.

Trust me: you and I do not live in the same 'real' world, which is fine by me. I doubt we'd get along. You'd spend you time raging about "Order" and I'd spend my time ignoring you. With that said, you're welcome to your opinion.

Edited by connda

Get in the real world.

There are so many laws on the books in most countries that no matter what you do, you probably break a law (that means you personally and everyone else) - on a daily basis! So basically everyone should be throw in jail. That's the problem with governments: they just keep getting bigger and the bigger they get, they more laws the legislative bodies want to make - and there are a whole lot of stupid laws. Shopping on Sunday at one time was illegal in certain places. In your book those people should be prosecuted; in my book the legislators should be throw out of office and replaced with someone who isn't an idiot. That is the real world.

I've know people like you throughout my life dude: "All law should be strictly enforced", well, except for the ones you break! Ain't that right?

In my world, all laws should be reviewed, and 'stupid' should be thrown out. For example, the laws on possession of pot that just got tossed out in Washington State and Colorado. Kratom? What a joke. Law enforcement isn't doing its jobs by ignoring 'real' crimes that really impact society and harm people in order to bust someone on what's really a morality issue. Basically it's selective enforcement, and for that matter, selective legislation of ludicrous "laws", which really is a morality issue. Selective enforcement allows serious crime to go unsanctioned and concentrates on the trivial and is usually aimed at the most common folk in society. That is the real world.

Trust me: you and I do not live in the same 'real' world, which is fine by me. I doubt we'd get along. You'd spend you time raging about "Order" and I'd spend my time ignoring you. With that said, you're welcome to your opinion.

Yeap, I'm sure many if not most of those "spending their time" behind bars would agree that the laws that put them there were "fascist" or "racist" or "sexist" or a rich man's conspiracy or whatever. You should write a book. "Rationalizing Your Crimes For Dummies". Or maybe somebody already did and you're quoting from it?

I particularly liked your "all laws should be reviewed" comment. Murder. Rape. Kidnapping. Violent Assault. Theft. Home Invasion. Fraud. Extortion. Child abuse. Racketeering. Arson. So who'll do all this "reviewing"? You? cheesy.gif I don't think so. But keep up the screeching, and we'll see who's ignoring who.

If you want to say that you think this seems like overkill for something like kratom, then say so. But all the rest is just petulant bloviating which doesn't make any case at all.