Driving too and parking at Jomtien Immigration.

RabC

Hi, just after a little advice as its 5 years since I was last there, can I drive my car to immigration via 2nd road or do a I have to access via beach road? Also can anyone recommend the best place to park the car? I hopefully won't be there long as just getting proof of residence for my driving licence.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can't turn right from 2nd road into the immigration soi you have to go well past and make a U-turn or come up the Soi from Beach Road.

I always park on 2nd road near to the Rompho market and walk down, it gets a bit congested around the immigration office and I don't think it's worth the hassle.

You can't turn right from 2nd road into the immigration soi you have to go well past and make a U-turn or come up the Soi from Beach Road.

I always park on 2nd road near to the Rompho market and walk down, it gets a bit congested around the immigration office and I don't think it's worth the hassle.

Sorry for my ignorance but where is the Rompho market?, I am looking on Google Earth on Jomtien 2nd road but can see anything looking like a market. I guess I need to get out to Jomtien more......

I was there three times a week ago and could find parking along Soi 5 sometimes near Immigration but nothing inside the immigration parking area. Most of the Soi 5 street parking is on the left side going away from Beach Road towards Jomtien 2nd Road so best to enter from Beach Road as you are going in the direction of the most available parking.

I always come from the other direction, ie Soi Watboon and normally also find a spot on 2nd Rd and walk the rest of the way, hardly any point turning into soi 5 as there is frequently nowhere to park there.

Best thing to do is try to get there before 8.30 which is the official opening time. I usually get a space near the top of Soi5 and it is pretty quiet.

II also used to be there by 8:5am, but have now found 10:30am to be even quieter. This being the slow season, I would not think that it would be too busy.

there is a car parking area at the top of Rompole market

Don't try and park at soi 5 immigration, its a pain if you don't have a bike.

Depending on what you have to do, afternoons are great. Parking easily available on the streets. For my 90 day, I show up around 3:30 and sometimes there's even spots right in front in their small car park! Mid week is best.

That's what I do when I can't be bothered walking there (I live in View Talay 2).

Alan

If you do not bring a significant other with you to immigration...you may wish to walk over to soi 6 for some relaxation and stress relief...

You're welcome...

Are you sure you have your geography correct ? Was not aware anything going on in soi 6 in Jomtien.?

Back to the OP - I always park near the market- walk over the road- only takes a few minutes- not worth trying to find a space down soi 5 .

Mind you at the moment it is very quiet- immigration is almost a pleasure to visit- you can be in and in a few minutes.

If you do not bring a significant other with you to immigration...you may wish to walk over to soi 6 for some relaxation and stress relief...

You're welcome...

Are you sure you have your geography correct ? Was not aware anything going on in soi 6 in Jomtien.?

Back to the OP - I always park near the market- walk over the road- only takes a few minutes- not worth trying to find a space down soi 5 .

Mind you at the moment it is very quiet- immigration is almost a pleasure to visit- you can be in and in a few minutes.

That long ? last time i did not even have time to sit down smile.png

there is a car parking area at the top of Rompole market

Don't try and park at soi 5 immigration, its a pain if you don't have a bike.

Depending on what you have to do, afternoons are great. Parking easily available on the streets. For my 90 day, I show up around 3:30 and sometimes there's even spots right in front in their small car park! Mid week is best.

+1...3:30 is the best time to go. You will bein + out fast. Many times there are empty car parking right there.

Just to add. I went to do my retirement visa and 90 day last Thursday. Arrived about 9.10am and was dealt with by 9.30am - excellent. However, I thought by going early I would get my passport back that afternoon, as I have in the past. Unfortunately, it was 'come back tomorrow" after 10 am.

I live by lake Mab so it's a reasonably long way in each time. The purpose of this post is however is to support those who say go in the afternoon, if it's the retirement visa - as you will have to come back the next day anyway.

But, generally,I think they are pretty good now at Jomtien after 8 years here, although I realise it's the low season.

Just to close this out, I got parked at Rompho no trouble. I was in and out in 15 minutes with residency certificate in hand and can only say how friendly and helpful the lady was who dealt with my paperwork. Oh if the driving licence application would be so quick.........