How To Impove Your Internet Speed?

marquess

I seem to be living in a world of internet frustration at the moment. The speeds are up and down and mostly down, my 512/256 is only giving on average 300/90, firstly is there anything that I can do to speed this up (apart from changing country that I live in), and secondly what I can I do to speed up Utorrent. Previously it used to work wonderfully, 40/ download, and 25/ upload. If there are any secrets, then please let me know. I saw something about port forwarding, would this help? Frustrated internet user!

I seem to be living in a world of internet frustration at the moment. The speeds are up and down and mostly down, my 512/256 is only giving on average 300/90, firstly is there anything that I can do to speed this up (apart from changing country that I live in), and secondly what I can I do to speed up Utorrent. Previously it used to work wonderfully, 40/ download, and 25/ upload. If there are any secrets, then please let me know. I saw something about port forwarding, would this help? Frustrated internet user!

Change to a business grade service with a lower contention ratio, home services are usually best effort or 30:1 so the pipe up from the DSLAM to the backbone may only be 1mb for 30 users downstream from the DSLAM, most business grade services are 1:1 so you get what you pay for

:o:D:D:D:D

Change to a business grade service with a lower contention ratio, home services are usually best effort or 30:1 so the pipe up from the DSLAM to the backbone may only be 1mb for 30 users downstream from the DSLAM, most business grade services are 1:1 so you get what you pay for

I just wish that I was acutally getting what I paid for in the first place, rather than some ham fisted serivice, that is really almost as bad a day light robbery! Run by a bunch of people who seem to have no appreciation for internet capabilities in 21st century! :D:D:D

* If your modem/router supports it, switch on uPNP

* In uTorrent: set Upload speed to about 10 KB/s

* Set port to random if you can use uPNP, fix a port and forward it in your modem/router if not.

* Set protocol encryption on on outgoing connections, and refuse non-encrypted incoming connections

This way the provider can't 'see' that it's torrent traffic anymore, and won't throttle you so much.

Hi, maybe you could try to find local content for the things you are downloading, PM if you want advices.

Do not download <link removed>

An adword was detected while downloading it ... beware

Thanks tytus - mod

I have managed to download it, to my desktop, but now I can't remove it, any ideas? Secondly how does one use the microsoft malicious sofware remover tool? I know that have it, but don't know where to find it.

windows remove tools malicious is temporary,when do windows update he scan one time your pc and later he delete heself from your computer,so you cannot find the program in your pc

if you like this program(not for me)you can download separately,not in windows update and scan when you want

for remove the bad software from desktop use google and find UNLOCKER

delete anythings,also processes in use

ciao :o

Edited by giulio

Need advice about fast interent connection. Change country. :o Just check the speed I got when I was in Hong Kong

post-2263-1159620632_thumb.jpg

Guardian