pipefitter / instrument fitter / bolt technician

garryp1302

I am looking for work in Thailand as either pipefitter/ instument fitter or bolt technician either onshore or offshore, in the oil and gas industry does anyone know of companys that hire uk trained workers, I have tonnes of experience in my work but not sure where to look, I am also looking to get NEBOSH certification so anything for Health and safety would also be of interest,

You want the honest answer ?....forget it... i am not one to say it will never happen but one suspects you have a higher likelyhood of falling pregant not purposely p*ssing on your plans...just giving you the reality from someone who works O&G, even during the good times, you would have struggled getting a start, with the current oil price and operators on full out cut backs and cost saving forget it

• 3 weeks later...

Soutpeel

Well that is what thought about work in Thailand,if you do not ask you will never find out , but to be honest anywhere near that area would be ok, I have heard there is a lot of work in Sth Korea,

Even the yards in South Korea are slow,my uncles been on for Halliburton on the Prelude job for a couple of years,flange management squad, only a handful of expats left over seeing the job,cuts to the day rates,cheaper digs,same old same old.

Best bet is the UK which is absolutely dire as well at the minute but will offer more chance than SEA.

Good luck.

Archived