Madonna makes her long-awaited debut concert in Bangkok

webfact

CONCERT
A rebel with a tour

THE NATION

30269717-01_big.JPG

Madonna makes her long-awaited debut concert in Bangkok

BANGKOK HAS NEVER made it to the itinerary of Madonna's world tours over the last 30 years but that's about to change as the queen of pop is finally coming to Thailand early next year for a show at Impact Arena.

"Rebel Heart", which kicked off in Montreal with a sold-out show and followed up with two sell-outs in New York, hits Bangkok on February 9.

Brian L Marcar, chairman of Live Nation BEC-Tero, shared his excitement about the concert at a press conference last Thursday.

"Madonna is one of the most important and highly talented artists of the last 30 years, and this will be her first-ever concert in Thailand," Brian said. "It is undeniable that her iconic live performance here in Bangkok will stay in Thai fans' hearts for a really long time."

The set list promises to span all decades of the singer's illustrious career, including songs from her latest album "Rebel Heart", such as "Living for Love" and "Bitch I'm Madonna", to classic fan favourites like "Material Girl", "Like a Virgin", "Holiday", "Don't Tell Me", "Frozen", "Hung Up" and more.

The tour's stage production is directed by Jamie King with musical direction by Kevin Antunes, with the band's keyboardist Ric'key Pageot, drummer Brian Frasier-Moore, guitarist Monte Pittman and background vocalists Kiley Dean and Nicki Richards. Megan Lawson is in charge of the choreography. Andy LeCompte and Aaron Henrikson handle the hair and make-up respectively while costume design is in the hands of Arianne Phillips.

Beloved for her boundary-pushing fashions, Madonna has worked with both world-renowned designers and exciting up-and-comers over the years. For the Rebel Heart Tour, she and Phillips collaborated with Alessandro Michele for Gucci, Alexander Wang, Fausto Puglisi, Jeremy Scott for Moschino, Nicolas Jebran, MiuMiu, Prada and Swarovski to create the magnificent costumes. Phillips' original designs are also included in the costumes.

HEART BEAT

- Madonna's "Rebel Heart Tour Bangkok Presented by Singha Drinking Water" is at 7pm on February 9 at Impact Arena in Muang Thong Thani.

- Tickets are Bt2,000 to Bt16,000 and go on sale at 10am on Saturday. For details, see www.ThaiTicketMajor.com.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/A-rebel-with-a-tour-30269717.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-29

G'wan, she is not a singer nor talented, just a show featuring skin and hersis showing signs of high mileage. I won't even talk to the unbalanced

people who buy tickets to her shows no more then I converse with idiots who wear baseball caps backwards & wear T-shirts advertising beer !

G'wan, she is not a singer nor talented, just a show featuring skin and hersis showing signs of high mileage. I won't even talk to the unbalanced

people who buy tickets to her shows no more then I converse with idiots who wear baseball caps backwards & wear T-shirts advertising beer !

Lol, come on, tell us what you really think. I've never been a Madonna fan either but I can't deny her popularity over the years. Here's a small bit from Wikipedia (which some might say indicates your criticism is just a tad harsh):

"Madonna has sold more than 300 million records worldwide and is recognized as the best-selling female recording artist of all time by Guinness World Records. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) listed her as the best-selling female rock artist of the 20th century and the second best-selling female artist in the United States, with 64.5 million certified albums. According to Billboard, Madonna is the top touring female artist of all time, grossing over a billion dollars from her concerts. She was ranked at number two, behind only The Beatles, on the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, making her the most successful solo artist in the history of American singles chart. Madonna became one of the five founding members of the UK Music Hall of Fame and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility."

Lol, come on, tell us what you really think. I've never been a Madonna fan either but I can't deny her popularity over the years. Here's a small bit from Wikipedia (which some might say indicates your criticism is just a tad harsh):

"Madonna has sold more than 300 million records worldwide and is recognized as the best-selling female recording artist of all time by Guinness World Records. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) listed her as the best-selling female rock artist of the 20th century and the second best-selling female artist in the United States, with 64.5 million certified albums. According to Billboard, Madonna is the top touring female artist of all time, grossing over a billion dollars from her concerts. She was ranked at number two, behind only The Beatles, on the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, making her the most successful solo artist in the history of American singles chart. Madonna became one of the five founding members of the UK Music Hall of Fame and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility."

Harsh but a lot of truth in it...lol....not my cup of tea either though she's popped out a few good tunes but then again she like had countless goes at it.

I do recall her early stuff rather nasely singing, she's always struck me as very smart and one of the first to present herself as a package to a market...

Anyway as far as selling albums and packing out concerts lot of untalented people/bands have managed to do it so thats no mean feat cause its all in the marketing of the product isn't it?