FYI Krungsri Bank Hua Hin Branch

Tinker2

I know a few people here are using this Bank. There is one particularly helpful Customer Service Agent working there. When I say helpful, please be aware that this individual is really just helping himself, at your considerable expense.

For immigration purposes you are required to have THB 800,000 in the bank. Please be aware that this gentleman will advise you to invest your funds. Despite my saying I had no interest in Life Insurance he insisted that this was an investment plan. He assured me that it was not Life Insurance, well he outright lied to my face, not once but three times. You guessed it, upon receiving the documents some 7 months later, what do you find LIFE INSURANCE. How I wish I had recorded the conversation !

Having made an official complaint to the Branch Manager, and asked for my funds to be returned in full, I was rather shocked to have been charged over THB145,000 as an administration fee. I have since written to the CEO of Krungsri to date no response. Obviously Krungsri and Bank Ayudha condone this type of behaviour having taken zero action. One would think, Brand Image, current and prospective business, guess not important to Krungsri.

Ah well a lesson learnt.

One lesson for Krungsri is that when a client is happy they do recommend and support your business, however when a client is unhappy they do the exact opposite, I shall make sure that everyone is aware of these unsavoury practices by Krungsri and take my business elsewhere, and hopefully others will take this advice and not be lied to, cheated on, by the likes of this Bank, and their Employees.

The problem with cancelling an endowment life policy is that most of the first year's premium goes in commission to the agent - this is paid upfront, so the bank is out of pocket, even if it was a lump sum policy. The misselling issue is of course another matter which is unlikely to be resolved in Thailand for many years.

Thanks for the tip. It is a good salesman that can sell something to someone who doesn't want it and never asked for it. Ice to the eskimos syndrome. He knew it was insurance you knew it was insurance but you bought it anyway. Clever.

sent on a big black fookin <deleted> duck

Same bullsh1t with Kasikorn Bank. They are heavily promoting a similar policy. Stick 2,000,000 in a separate account for 6 months and receive medical, life insurance and perks for free is the hard sell. Obviously you end up paying. They call me at least 3 times a week with this crap and whenever I go in the bank the same 2 d1ckheads pounce on me every time as I am waiting my turn. I had to complain to the manager a few days ago when they called and said "why you not do? What problem with you are you crazy?". Cheeky feckers lucky it was a bird who called and not a bloke i would have drove down there and chinned the <deleted> pr1ck!

Thanks for the heads up. I am moving to LOS next year and will be sure to avoid Krungsri.

You don't need to avoid Krungsri, many Farangs have accounts there without any problems. You just need to read any paperwork or ask what you are signing up for.

or use Bangkok Bank where they don't do this crap.

Thanks for the heads up. I am moving to LOS next year and will be sure to avoid Krungsri.

There is nothing wrong with the bank, my bank in the UK tries to sell stuff every time I go in. It IS obvious what these saving plans really are. Krungsri tried to sell me this, no thanks.Whatever bank you choose I would avoid Tanachart.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I disagree. There is something seriously wrong when a bank officer lies directly to your face, furthermore fails to produce the correct documents despite being asked several times to provide them.

Guess dishonesty pays. The Bank officer was promoted to Assistant Manager now.

Wouldn't you prefer to be advised on these dishonest practices ?

Thats all my aim is.