PM discusses bilateral cooperation with Fiji at UN

Jonathan Fairfield

PM discusses bilateral cooperation with Fiji at UN

BANGKOK, 29 September 2015 (NNT) - The Prime Minister General has discussed the possibility of furthering bilateral relations with his Fijian counterpart at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha expressed his gratitude to Fijian Prime Minister Honorable Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama for extending a warm welcome to Deputy Prime Minister General Thanasak Patimaprakorn during his participation in the 3rd Pacific Island Development Forum, where he was able to organize an exhibition on His Majesty the King’s Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy.
Prime Minister Prayut has also thanked the Fijian premier for supporting the Thai people after the Ratchaprasong bombing. The Thai leader assured that the situation in Bangkok has returned to normal.
Thailand and Fiji will continue to cooperate in the areas of trades and investments, as Fiji has the potential to become a distribution center of Thai goods in the Pacific region. Collaborative efforts on farm goods, tourism and fisheries will also be established.
nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-29 footer_n.gif

Hahaha. Voreqe, or Frank as he is commonly known, is an ex-military leader who also staged a coup and then became PM.

Common ground.

Beware Fiji! Those fishing concessions in your waters will hurt you in the long run, and believe me, you do not want to be buying Thai farmed fish.

I do support Fiji becoming a Pacific hub for Thai goods. Clip the ticket, all good.

Unfortunately, Fiji has little to offer Thailand. Better quality coconuts, fish, bottled water....but too expensive for the average Thai.

Edited by Seastallion

Hahaha. Voreqe, or Frank as he is commonly known, is an ex-military leader who also staged a coup and then became PM.

Common ground.

Beware Fiji! Those fishing concessions in your waters will hurt you in the long run, and believe me, you do not want to be buying Thai farmed fish.

I do support Fiji becoming a Pacific hub for Thai goods. Clip the ticket, all good.

Unfortunately, Fiji has little to offer Thailand. Better quality coconuts, fish, bottled water....but too expensive for the average Thai.

Hub knobbing with the big boys.

Common ground.

Yep, Ex General, rules with a iron fist and certainly doesn't like the press.

Common ground.

Yep, Ex General, rules with a iron fist and certainly doesn't like the press.

Birds of a feather...

And both cozying up to the Chinese.