What ecommerce software could i use best for adressing Thai market?

platofrank

I acquired a number of exclusive distributorships for Thailand. I prepare the launch of the buss now and i wonder if there is a platform available that offers support for Thai payment systems and Thai language (bilangual ENG/TH)

In this stage of the buss i am looking for a ready to use webshop, with easy contant management, such as Shopify..

What are the most used Thai payment gateways/providers?

As always Google is your friend. Search for "thailand ecommerce options"

Many links and do research, maybe this link helps, http://www.acommerce.asia/top-10-e-commerce-sites-in-thailand/

Lazada numbers 1 and uses 1-2-3.........

I am sorry to say that if you can not figure this info out on your own, you should not be in the Internet online sales business.

But who am I, good luck, seems you will need it or get an experienced Internet sales employee or partner.

Contact Masaya Mikami at Software Park in Phuket. Very smart and reliable. <<<<Email removed >>>>

Edited by metisdead
17) Do not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to non-commercial sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile

PM me I can setup all for you for a few thousand bucks. biggrin.png

Provide more details please:

Do you want hosted or self-hosted plataform?

Hosted: Wix (good for starters, easy to use), Shopfy, Hakuten, shoppingcartelite, etc..

Self-Hosted x-cart.com(I like the clean looks it has, but is not free , you have to buy a licence), Magento (huge plataform, if you have a small team with 2 or 3 persons only, get the hell out of this plataform, it suits better for enterprise-like), OpenCart (for small/medium projects), PrestaShop (very nice for small/medium projects - i think they have tranlations for thai, also modules for thai postoffice do ot remember)

Stay away from software like (osCommerce, it is very old and unsafe), wooComerce for wordpress (it is totally crap, do not waste time using it, also isn't free/open), Drupal, Joomla or any CMS (it all was not designed to be e-commerce, ad will give a huge headache for you, indeed I see a lot of people using them for e-commerce facepalm.gif).

If you are a microsoft guy, here is an option for open source (http://www.nopcommerce.com/ but you still need a licence for MSSQL and windows) and http://virtocommerce.com/our-offers/community-edition and dotnetcart.com.

Ask yourself, hosted or self-hosted? Believe me, if you are just starting from nothing, go for wix, shopfy or something this way, cut of the problems with developers, and meetings, and designers, bla bla bla.. unless you are a developer (in accordance with your post, i think you are not) go for hosted software, and if you succed than re-think your strategy again.

The best advice is research a lot before you get into this job.

I have an already built site (opencart) I can sell to you for 15000 Baht. Then all you have to do is to load it with your products, update the usual info (About Us, terms of ...) add your own info about gateways, a new logo etc >>>>> and there you go.

Piece of cake ... PM if interested. I don't have time maintenance myself just released <<<<URL to commercial site removed>>>>

Best of luck

Ola

Edited by metisdead

Was curious about the earlier suggestion PABKK and have to say "Stay away". Not only an annual forever fee but you don't get your own domain or even emailaddress !!

Forgot to write before, but since I have developed a number of sites and ecomm's I strongly agree with b4n9, stay away from woocommerce and other not dedicated platforms like Wordpress, Joomla and the rest

Opencart has easy integration of a lot of languages, currencies (with automatic update) and cheap extensions.

Take a look at www.cheapcoolwatches.com built on Opencart it has a lot of features easy to install.

Wordpress and woocommerce are completely free and totally open, what are you guys talking about? You can edit anything you want with them, nothing is locked. Not to mention you can get mostly free plug-ins to do what you want.

But I agree, if you do not know what you are doing wix and shopify although if you want to do any drastic changes you'll be out of luck.

Ask yourself how important is the ecom site? Is it going to be your life? Then learn how to use a platform such as wordpress with a little css, html, php. There is a lot of support out there on the forum, more so for wordpress and woocommere than any other (DO NOT GO WITH JOOMLA UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE HACKED!).

Edited by kev78

If hacking is a concern, Wordpress would be right at the bottom of my to use list - https://securityintelligence.com/cms-hacking-2014-by-the-numbers/

Yes this is mitigated somewhat by newer versions that auto update, but given this can be made completely ineffective with one stray plugin or one upgrade block at the host level, it is certainly not a safe platform for ecommerce.

It is also badly structured for it, with a convoluted admin UI that remains focused on blogging. And the db structure is utterly insane and suboptimal, as is most of the core code.

Magento would be my recommendation, Shopify is off the table if you need to integrate with Thai payment providers aside from Paypal, and I suspect this will be the case with most hosted platforms.

Was curious about the earlier suggestion PABKK and have to say "Stay away". Not only an annual forever fee but you don't get your own domain or even emailaddress !!

Forgot to write before, but since I have developed a number of sites and ecomm's I strongly agree with b4n9, stay away from woocommerce and other not dedicated platforms like Wordpress, Joomla and the rest

Opencart has easy integration of a lot of languages, currencies (with automatic update) and cheap extensions.

Take a look at www.cheapcoolwatches.com built on Opencart it has a lot of features easy to install.

You are talking BS !!!

PAIBKK.com is known as the best solution in Thailand.

You can have you own domain: http://paibkk.com/webhosting

You are talking BS !!!

PAIBKK.com is known as the best solution in Thailand.

You can have you own domain: http://paibkk.com/webhosting

That comment says it all about the level of FredNL. FredNL is obviously only at the forum to sell customers to PaiBKK, The comment "You are talking BS" lack all relevant info, but I checked PAIBKK up one more time. And yes, you can get hosting from them - at an extremely high cost compared to other hosts - and I guess (since the site miss info about it) you have to manually install your plattform yourself. So even it it's considered BS by some ignorant members of the forum - Stay away.

If you want to have an e-commerce, then go for e-commerce software. The same I say for CMS, Blog, Learning Platform, and so on..
by the way I have one website using wordpress (business directory) and I try to use so many plugins (woocommerce was one) to sell stuffs (gave up) and I failed strong with plugins (all of them). Also my theme that I paid 59 USD do not work anymore with new versions of wordpress core and they have no updates for the theme!! (it means I can not update the core because the theme crashes, and need to fix known bugs by hand one by one.. 0_o ) I'm not blaming WP here, but it was suppose to be a blog and nothing else. Do not waste your time with softwares that was not suppose to be e-commerce. If you want to go professional that's the tip I give you. thumbsup.gif