Thai visa for Mexico

Hello all, and thanks in advance for any advice.

I am a US citizen, older, having befriended a middle-aged Thia lady. We have known each other for over 2 years, but not quite at the point where we want to get married. She is living with her brother, a police officer, and his family near Khon Kaen. She has a degree in Microbiology but works for herself doing catering and designing laboratories for health clinics. She is a legit woman – an old fashioned Thai lady (i.e. never doing anything remotely approaching a bar girl).

I will be getting medical treatment in Mexico possibly next year and would like for her to join me as I will need a carer for about a month. She is willing to do this, but we are obviously concerned about a visa. Ideally, the US government would give her one and the problem of going to Mexico would be solved, but we recognize that even for a 40 year old college graduate, especially a self-employed one, this will be difficult.

So I was looking into the likelihood of getting a Mexican visa for her. The hospital is located outside of Mexico City, so there is no desire to visit TJ or any “questionable” location. This entire visit is on the up and up.

I am going to Thailand next month to see her and help her try to get a visa to either the US or Mexico. As I said, I am not optimistic about the US, even though she presents no risk of being an overstay. She is needed back home to take care of an elderly mother and she babysits her brother’s two children.

Dealing strictly with Mexico, would it be better to say she wants to go to take care of a friend from the US who is getting medical treatment there, or that she simply wants to visit as a tourist, i.e. see the Aztec ruins??? She can show sufficient funds for the trip, and we I suppose we could purchase a refundable round-trip airline ticket, but I do not know when my treatment will be – it could be from next summer to fall 2017!

Any ideas???

I would have her apply for a US B2 Visitor Visa. Fill out the on-line application, set up an interview and go for it. If that fails she can apply for a Mexican visa at the Embassy in Bangkok. Contact info: http://www.123embassy.com/Embassy/14333/Mexico-in-Bangkok

Sorry, I hit the go button and had to run.

Okay, back to the OP

Regardless of the embassy you are dealing with, the best policy is to be as honest as possible from start to finish.

Good luck and please keep us informed as it may help other members.

Edited by Shot

I would not let her alert the Mexicans that she is going there to be a caregiver....could get twisted as work......who knows.......Tourist/business......Maybe the best shot and leave you 100% out of the picture.

I would have her apply for a US B2 Visitor Visa. Fill out the on-line application, set up an interview and go for it. If that fails she can apply for a Mexican visa at the Embassy in Bangkok. Contact info: http://www.123embassy.com/Embassy/14333/Mexico-in-Bangkok

That will be the first thing we will do, as a US Visa simplifies things. I suppose she just says she wants to visit Disney World? No mention of visiting a guy friend or being a carer.....

Thanks to the others who cautioned about flying to Mexico City through the US. Is this because there are no flights from LAX, say, to Mexico City that do not require one to leave the International Terminal? Coming through LAX or SFO would be the easiest, but if she would have to go through customs to catch the outbound flight, I guess she takes the opposite path then.

Thanks for all the help.

Any ideas how best to get the US visa? I also guess she should avoid mentioning being a carer, but what is a good reason for her to otherwise visit the US? I can establish she is a 40 year old, unmarried woman of very high moral character, average social status, college degree, with an oldish (mid 60's) mother and a part time business catering and designing health laboratories, with over $6,000US her in bank account, but how to convince the US to let her in for a visit??? An average, middle aged Thai woman simply doesn't travel alone like that! i guess she can say she and some friends want to travel, and she is going first as a test case. Thanks guys!