What Happened To Quaker Oats?

OMGImInPattaya

Holy cr@p. What was I thinking: Foodland in Tukcom? It was TOPS in Tukcom!

Isn't Tukcom coming to Foodland?smile.png

No, Harbor Mall is being built next to foodland.

Even better! We need another decent shopping mall.

Even better! We need another decent shopping mall.

With the new Loaf Cafe and Bakery in Welcome Street, the au Bon Pain at Index, and the likely Starbucks

and other nosherys at this Harbor thingy, there soon won't be much need for us Farsiders to go beyond Foodland anymore.

Harbor mall is by the same group of people that operates TukCom

In their promotional photos and signage for the new central road location, there is small TukCom branding too, maybe relegated to just a floor instead of the whole building

• 1 month later...

Hahne , the German oat (blue package,small leaf) is excellent quality and easy to make porridge , 3 minutes in the micro and you're done. Add cinnamon , berries or whatever you like. Big C , Friendship and even Tesco stock them. 50 baht .

Edited by balo

Hahne , the German oat (blue package,small leaf) is excellent quality and easy to make porridge , 3 minutes in the micro and you're done. Add cinnamon , berries or whatever you like. Big C , Friendship and even Tesco stock them. 50 baht .

LOL. I like the big leaf and cook for 10 minutes on the stove on low heat.

I know that there are usually several types, but today both BigC and Tesco had no oats of any type. At least not that I could find.

Perhaps they are now hiding them with the window cleaning fluid: I never did understand the Thai way of sorting items.

LOL. I like the big leaf and cook for 10 minutes on the stove on low heat.

I cook the same way.

Lots of types of Oats in Villa some organic too.

Microwaving best avoided for any type of food IMHO as it depletes vitamin content.

I didn't know you could cook regular (as opposed to quick or instant) oats in the microwave. Really?

Yes you can , but only with the small leaf oat. I eat oat porridge almost daily, add some blueberries and cinnamon , and you have a healthy start to the day. Edited by balo