Krav Maga

cmboy

Instructor wise I thought there was nothing now in CM. sparring drill wise you might find a contact through Chabad House and that is a big might. Occasionally there are people that attend the MMA joint near Central Plaza that have some exposure but that is inconsistent. Best bet might be to contact the Thai Krav Maga website or Facebook but as far as I know the only accredited continuing courses are run by Alwyn in Phuket. If there was something starting up here I would be interested as well, no doubt a few others as this query has come up in the past.

How about KM in Bangkok? I need to visit BKK time to time and it would be possible to get some training there same time.

I found few places in BKK with Google but they seems to be more focused in commercial business instead of real training.

Edited by cmboy

Found a video of it on Facebook. It was a demonstration put on by an expert. Looked like just a defensive form of the Martial arts. For use against Guns and knives up close. I am old but there was one point in it where had I been the attacker I could have shot him. Looks like one would have to keep in good shape for it.

Head out to Mae Rim and ask the Special Forces guys who are stationed nearby,

Also, there's a sign for a Muay Thai camp on the right hand side of the CM/Mae Rim road, just after the Samoeng turn (half kilo.). It's run by a Thai American called Chris who is seriously into MMA, as are most of the people who attend his camp, worth asking the question there. Note: Chirs is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet and also one of the biggest, an ex US Marine he is built like a concrete bunker.

Edited by chiang mai

I know few guys here who have tattoo in their arm pit but this is not exactly what l'm looking for.

I give up where did the tattoo's come from?

Check out "Chiang Mai fight fit:" on Facebook.

They are just starting up or close to it. I looked at them briefly and I believe they had about five martial arts and Yoga that they were looking to work in. As I said I did not follow it far as I am more interested in a gym where an old fart like me can just stay if half ass decent shape. Would also need some floor room for floor exercises.

Edit

"So that one may walk in peace"

I walk in peace. Sounds more to me like some one who is afraid to walk down the street and feels they need defensive moves to do it.

Edited by northernjohn

I'm not going start argue here reasons to do martial arts. Everyone do them or not do for their own reasons. I do them for my own reasons. You don't for your own reasons. I'm just looking here place where to practice. That was my question. Start your own tread for your fear issues.

Edited by cmboy