Suvarnabhumi Is Indian!

Nemo.

Inspired by a British comedy character from "Goodness gracious me" I cant help pointing out.....

"Suvarna" means beautiful (also = golden effectively) in India (Hindi)

"bhumi" means "earth" or "land" (Bumi - as in Bumiputra - in Malaysia also means the same - a Hindi word originally)

So its "beautiful land" or "golden land" in Hindi

Per the website of Suvarnabhumi airport it means "Golden Land"

So Suvarnabhumi is INDIAN! (like Shakespeare and Jesus - watch BBC Prime comedy show "Goodness gracious me" if you dont know what I mean :o )

Inspired by a British comedy character from "Goodness gracious me" I cant help pointing out.....

"Suvarna" means beautiful (also = golden effectively) in India (Hindi)

"bhumi" means "earth" or "land" (Bumi - as in Bumiputra - in Malaysia also means the same - a Hindi word originally)

So its "beautiful land" or "golden land" in Hindi

Per the website of Suvarnabhumi airport it means "Golden Land"

So Suvarnabhumi is INDIAN! (like Shakespeare and Jesus - watch BBC Prime comedy show "Goodness gracious me" if you dont know what I mean :D )

Well whatever references u have given r impressive but u need corrections

The name is Suvannaphumi is the correct pronunciation and it is derived from Pali which is very closely related to Sunskri. You misunderstood it in Hindi because Hindi in itself a language influenced by Urdu (meaning Royal Language) introduced by the Muslim rulers of India (Mughals) and in order to differentiate it from Urdu (because of the hate of Muslims) India brought in a lot of Sunskri words in Urdu. Therefore, many ignorant people believe that Hindi and Pali is same, which is not the case.

If you also consider Urdu you will find many words which are in Thai Language (though not used generally but considered high level Thai language) such as

1. Kulab (Thai) Gulab (Urdu) meaning Rose

2. Kan (Thai) Kaan (Urdu) meaning Ear

3. Prachan (Thai) Chand (Urdu) meaning Moon

Hope this made it clear that Suvannaphumi is not Hindi but Pali word in reality.

:o