Residence certificate - copies allowed?

I am about to head down to Jomtien immigration to get a residence certificate. Reasons are

- getting Thai driver licence for car

- getting thai driver licence for motorbike

- buying a car

- maybe buying a motorbike

all within the next 30 days (I read somewhere that this is the validity of the residence certificate).

Question is: Do I apply once for the residence certificate and make copies for the various purposes or do I need to apply (and pay) for certificates for each specific reason I will need one for?

thanks in advance for your advice

Thanks Ubonjoe

Just back now. I checked all boxes on the form, wrote down all needs i have and was told

- i will get two dicuments, one for licence, one for car buy

- had to have 3 pics (one for immigration, 2 for the two docs)

- cost 500 Baht for all

- was given back 70% of all copies I had, they did not even keep the rental copies, only electric bills...

Arrived 11:15, left 11:45, smooth process, nice & efficient staff

Thanks Ubonjoe

Just back now. I checked all boxes on the form, wrote down all needs i have and was told

- i will get two dicuments, one for licence, one for car buy

- had to have 3 pics (one for immigration, 2 for the two docs)

- cost 500 Baht for all

- was given back 70% of all copies I had, they did not even keep the rental copies, only electric bills...

Arrived 11:15, left 11:45, smooth process, nice & efficient staff

Just out of interest.

Was a receipt issued for the 500bht payment?

Last year I went to Jomtien. It was 300 Baht for one certificate and 500 Baht for two (but you had to provide only one set of copies for one application to get both). I paid 500 Baht for two originals for bike and car licence. I guess for buying a car and a bike you need two more originals as (I think) the guys at the local transport office are not very cooperative.

Last year I went to Jomtien. It was 300 Baht for one certificate and 500 Baht for two (but you had to provide only one set of copies for one application to get both). I paid 500 Baht for two originals for bike and car licence. I guess for buying a car and a bike you need two more originals as (I think) the guys at the local transport office are not very cooperative.

No issues at the land transportation office. Since I made both licences at the same time, they accepted one set of originals of every thing and (signed) copies of all originals for the second licence.

So the second (original) adr cert is now with the bike shop to go and get me all required docs

Edited by Swiss1960