Pattaya flooding?

willyumiii

Everything I have seen on the internet about Pattaya for weeks is about flooding.

How bad is it?

Is the whole area as bad as it looks on the internet now?

How long does does the flooding usually last, and how long does it take to recover?

I am planning to take the family there for a little vacation in a couple of weeks and am wondering if it is a bad choice right now..

There are things, places, and friends in Pattaya we would like to see, but if it is going to be a mess, we should look elsewhere.

I am requesting input from long time residents who know the area, as well as the weather and flood patterns.

* Please no comments about how evil Pattaya is and what a horrible place it is to take a family.

We do know the area and know there is a lot for a family to do there.

Not all of Pattaya is dedicated to the sex industry! ( for those of you who have only seen the shady side of it).

500 guys online any time of the day or night quite willing to chat and tell you about the weather if you are a bit broadminded, most speak decent English and they are from all over town so you can check out local conditions. Google will give you the info.

I was in town today (2nd road, 3rd Road, Tai, Klang and Nua - but not beach road) and didn't see any signs of the recent flooding.

Everything appears to be normal, if that is a word one can use to describe Pattaya.

I hear that the beach has been messed up in parts, but I wasn't in that area so can't comment.

A troll post discussing moderation has been removed.

FYI moderators do this for no reward other than trying to make the forum a nicer place for people like you.

Pattaya is not Venice

For sure a "FEW" streets get flooded if there is a severe deluge.......but the water here arrives quickly, and disappears quickly

As someone has already said, by the next day it has gone

NB. I would be wary of parking in an underground car park.......there have been some horror stories

OP part of the miracle of Pattaya is night time torrential rains, streets like rivers , floating cars and bikes on Sukhumvit, flooded 7/11's

Wake up next morning and it was like a bad dream, sun shining, bone dry roads, 7/11's back open for coffee and peace and harmony, seen it so many times.

All is well in Pattaya, well weather wise so don't worrysmile.png

Archived