garage work

cheeryble

I just went in the night to leave my car with a bad water leak at a local garage.

The guard was out of his brains drunk and asleep and couldn't get a word through to him.

I would like them to get on with the job with phone instruction only tomorrow/today (Friday) so I did two things.

I have found the leak is from the end of a hose behind the engine.

I got a bungee cord and led it from the leak point where the hose is split, then led it around a few bits then clipped it onto itself the other end.

This is obviously to save time and show where the leak is and therefore the pipe which needs replacing.

The wife will want to say something like

"The bungee cord leads to the leaking hose end half way down the back of the engine."

Next I left the bonnet down but unlocked and tucked the spare key into the lid of the plastic windscreen washer tank.

If anyone could translate any or all of the terms in red my wife will explain on the phone in the morning.

ps:

I noticed one of the belts perhaps to the alternator is frayed and I want it changed.

The word for belt?

Thanks v much!!

Edited by cheeryble

http://vallop-automechanics.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-post_7280.html

and some dictonaries:

Hood; Bonnet ฝากระโปรงห้องเครื่อง

water tank ถังเก็บน้ำ

Windscreen; Windshield กระจกบังลมหน้า
(wife can build a sentence from it, "water tank for washing windshield")

bungee cord สายยางยืด
leak ร่อง

belt สายพาน

Alternator เครื่องกำเนิดไฟฟ้าสลับ

Hope it helps your wife to communicate the problem...

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for those Khun Benq, and what a wonderful auto-vocabulary I have put in my reading list

the wife knew one or two like สายพาน

So managed to phone and have a bit more sleep but no word back better go up there and make sure things are moving on.

Edit....the plan worked he was led to the leak which I pointed out was at a ท่อ งอ half way down the back of the engine.

He is also now is ordering a replacement for a frayed สายพาน which BTW should never have been overlooked when it had an oil change recently IMO on an oil change there should always be a quick check of things like that.

ps wonder what frayed is

​In any case thanks again and let's hope it's ready tonight as promised and I got a bit more sleep thanks to you.