Young Australian attacked in Koh Samui by American millionaires son's charged with assault

webfact

How one can be harmed and others just got away without charge,It does not matter who start it Even if it was in self defence someone else did so much damage.???

No wander Thailand lawless state and it's police are just joke and as usual corruption smell from even a distance.coffee1.gif

Apparently there is some corruption in US universities as well: according to reports one of the attackers was suspended from Purdue for 1 year, the other is currently enrolled in Cornell University:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/raymondtchang

Wonder if the administrators there are aware of this?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How one can be harmed and others just got away without charge,It does not matter who start it Even if it was in self defence someone else did so much damage.???

No wander Thailand lawless state and it's police are just joke and as usual corruption smell from even a distance.coffee1.gif

Apparently there is some corruption in US universities as well: according to reports one of the attackers was suspended from Purdue for 1 year, the other is currently enrolled in Cornell University:

How does that imply that there is corruption at American universities?

Well normally they would not want someone like this on their campus. In the US I believe this would be considered a felonious assault, and that alone would be grounds that someone is not fit for admission. But his father is well-connected and paying cold hard cash in both Thailand and the US. Do you think it would be worthwhile to contact the admissions staff there as well as local/campus newspapers to notify them of this? Really unfair that the victim is suffering like this while the perpetrators of the crime are off in America.

Well normally they would not want someone like this on their campus. In the US I believe this would be considered a felonious assault, and that alone would be grounds that someone is not fit for admission. But his father is well-connected and paying cold hard cash in both Thailand and the US. Do you think it would be worthwhile to contact the admissions staff there as well as local/campus newspapers to notify them of this? Really unfair that the victim is suffering like this while the perpetrators of the crime are off in America.

Indeed it should be that felonious assault constitutes grounds for expulsion from any university; however, these guys have not even been charged with a crime, let alone convicted. I believe the legal philosophy in the US is innocent until proven guilty, so how should a university in the US expel someone who has not been charged or convicted of a crime based on hearsay?

I agree with you that it is unfair that the apparent victim is suffering, but I do not believe that whatever corruption has been played included these American universities.

Indeed it should be that felonious assault constitutes grounds for expulsion from any university; however, these guys have not even been charged with a crime, let alone convicted. I believe the legal philosophy in the US is innocent until proven guilty, so how should a university in the US expel someone who has not been charged or convicted of a crime based on hearsay?

I agree with you that it is unfair that the apparent victim is suffering, but I do not believe that whatever corruption has been played included these American universities.

Well I'd imagine if someone who had committed a vicious attack like this, on camera, at a public bar, in the US, tried to apply to a university, they would find it difficult to get admitted on character grounds.

I do wonder if the father's money had something to do with this - apparently he was featured in Forbes as a future world leader, and was slated to go to JFK Business School at Harvard. Now the son is in Cornell and involved in business in Shanghai and Boston. Just wonder if everyone over on that side of the ocean knows about this, that's all.

Forgive me, but surely any attempt at litigation outside Thailand will fail on the grounds of sovereignty/ jurisdiction?

Not for the assault itself, but it would probably fall under "character" grounds for the universities involved, ie: they have a reputation to maintain and have an interest in maintaining that.

I'm not an attorney but is there a law prohibiting bribery of foreign officials by US citizens/residents that's also being violated? Not that prosecution is likely, but what a case...(perhaps) Chinese elites who immigrated abroad, brutal assaults in Koh Samui, Ivy League universities, corrupt police in Thailand. Chinese soft power?

Forgive me, but surely any attempt at litigation outside Thailand will fail on the grounds of sovereignty/ jurisdiction?

Not for the assault itself, but it would probably fall under "character" grounds for the universities involved, ie: they have a reputation to maintain and have an interest in maintaining that.

I'm not an attorney but is there a law prohibiting bribery of foreign officials by US citizens/residents that's also being violated? Not that prosecution is likely, but what a case...(perhaps) Chinese elites who immigrated abroad, brutal assaults in Koh Samui, Ivy League universities, corrupt police in Thailand. Chinese soft power?

Comical infact if it was not, sadly, true events unfolding.

Well I'd imagine if someone who had committed a vicious attack like this, on camera, at a public bar, in the US, tried to apply to a university, they would find it difficult to get admitted on character grounds.

I do wonder if the father's money had something to do with this - apparently he was featured in Forbes as a future world leader, and was slated to go to JFK Business School at Harvard. Now the son is in Cornell and involved in business in Shanghai and Boston. Just wonder if everyone over on that side of the ocean knows about this, that's all.

Correction - JFK school of GOVERMENT at Harvard.

Completed in the year that jack was piecing his life back together undergoing surgeries etc etc and unable to attend university as he had planned.

So, Jack attacked them in the first instance.

Where are their bruises and broken jaws etc.? What hospital are they getting treated in?!! Oh, no. Wait for it----- they are posting pics of themselves all over fussybook showing off their muscles.

Mum of Jack. I really feel for you and your family and the injustice of all this. But, cowards are cowards and those cowards are hiding behind daddy's money. It is sickening.

I shall be hoping that you and Jack will soon be able to put all this behind you. And live life as it should be lived.

Where are their bruises and broken jaws etc.? What hospital are they getting treated in?!! Oh, no. Wait for it----- they are posting pics of themselves all over fussybook showing off their muscles.

Mum of Jack. I really feel for you and your family and the injustice of all this. But, cowards are cowards and those cowards are hiding behind daddy's money. It is sickening.

I shall be hoping that you and Jack will soon be able to put all this behind you. And live life as it should be lived.

Thank you for your kind words. We understand that no nobility or courage will be displayed here.

Jack has some good days and bad. He will be back in Bangkok soon and will face two surgeries the day before he faces his own trial. His charges took a year to process and thanks to pol gen pichet in region 8 they were accepted and pushed through by him, on every level. So jack has a battle and he bravely faces it every day. I am so proud to call this courageous and kind young man my son. Thank you for sharing his journey.

We will be posting on his facebook page now with increased regularity please kindly support this effort by sharing whenever possible. It's critical that we engage Thai s now also.

Thank you for your kind words. We understand that no nobility or courage will be displayed here.

Jack has some good days and bad. He will be back in Bangkok soon and will face two surgeries the day before he faces his own trial. His charges took a year to process and thanks to pol gen pichet in region 8 they were accepted and pushed through by him, on every level. So jack has a battle and he bravely faces it every day. I am so proud to call this courageous and kind young man my son. Thank you for sharing his journey.

We will be posting on his facebook page now with increased regularity please kindly support this effort by sharing whenever possible. It's critical that we engage Thai s now also.

Thank you for sharing.

Good luck with this and hope Jack fully recovers.

Thank you for sharing.

Good luck with this and hope Jack fully recovers.

As we hope that these lads recover from their attack in Phuket. Also Australian. Prior to the release of the footage I m sure this would have been put down to another drunk and out of control farang.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-of-brutal-phuket-nightclub-attack-are-australians-say-police-20151008-gk4cex.html

That's Phuket. Not Samui.

Hi Patsycat- also known collectively as part of the Samui archipelago smile.png

Thought you was referring to Pussycat being as big as an island because I Phuket isn't in that group.

Then my apologies if that s not the case- the police in Samui on my sons case refer to it as the same group when they speak of the General in Surat controlling my sons case. I assumed that that would have been a correct reference. Should have known better and happy to stand corrected. Thanks,
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I'm no geologist, just wanted to warn the ferry captain if Patsycat was in the area.

yes. we have released some of the cctv footage only two weeks ago to a media outlet. this part of the evening coincides with the first paragraph of Tiffany Turners statement. That Jack had dragged her by the arm into the foyer area and started molesting her there.

The two attackers Ryan Wang and Raymond Chang came in to help her and Jack pushed them to them both floor. You can see the fabrication here.

Then she says that she finally manages to escape jack and runs into the dance area to the right of screen with R and R. Her statement is that Jack is unrelenting in his molestation and is so drunk he is falling on the floor. All his friend s are there helping to keep him upright. only when you see tiffany and her two mates hug and go to the dance area jack is to the left of screen high fives a few school friends and LEAVES the green mango club. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-30/young-aussie-bashed-in-thailand-faces-assault-charges/6817926

yes. we have released some of the cctv footage only two weeks ago to a media outlet. this part of the evening coincides with the first paragraph of Tiffany Turners statement. That Jack had dragged her by the arm into the foyer area and started molesting her there.

The two attackers Ryan Wang and Raymond Chang came in to help her and Jack pushed them to them both floor. You can see the fabrication here.

Then she says that she finally manages to escape jack and runs into the dance area to the right of screen with R and R. Her statement is that Jack is unrelenting in his molestation and is so drunk he is falling on the floor. All his friend s are there helping to keep him upright. only when you see tiffany and her two mates hug and go to the dance area jack is to the left of screen high fives a few school friends and LEAVES the green mango club. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-30/young-aussie-bashed-in-thailand-faces-assault-charges/6817926

Hope you would keep that CCTV footage in safe hands, perhaps in cloud storage online, as it would prove valuable in the future. This angers me to no end and these people need to be held accountable.

Hope you would keep that CCTV footage in safe hands, perhaps in cloud storage online, as it would prove valuable in the future. This angers me to no end and these people need to be held accountable.

Thanks for your support.

yesterday jacks new NON corrupt lawyer discovered the attackers have a special deal with the court and public prosecutor that they do not need to be here for their own trial in December due to study reasons. Jack however must be here and this special treatment does not apply to him. We are reeling right now over this and have sent requests to different departments asking for an explanation.

We expect to update jack s facebook page with this today. Please follow justice for jack page and share. Sharing is caring !

Thanks for your support.

yesterday jacks new NON corrupt lawyer discovered the attackers have a special deal with the court and public prosecutor that they do not need to be here for their own trial in December due to study reasons. Jack however must be here and this special treatment does not apply to him. We are reeling right now over this and have sent requests to different departments asking for an explanation.

We expect to update jack s facebook page with this today. Please follow justice for jack page and share. Sharing is caring !

To the 7 posters that are still following this thread. Thanks for caring and about this case. We sincerely appreciate it so much.

Please see the link to Jacks facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/JackHBSamui

You can see the latest story that went to air in Australia last week. If you could take a few minutes to look at this . And to share Jacks page- if you feel that its right to do so. Thank you at least for considering this.

Still reading as well and please keep updated - I am interested in this and will be contacting media and administrators in the US to be sure they are aware of this.

Thank you for your interest and support. It is truly Incredible.

I would love to update you and will be sure to link the documents tomorrow

But it appears that 2 judges and a PP in Samui have all signed a document that accepts that the two attackers do not need to appear for their own trial as they are solid citizens with a record of always doing the right thing. Their study is also important not to disrupt. Jacks lawyer is perplexed and can't understand how their trial can legally proceed without them bothering to show up for a four day trial.

But true. They are exempt.

If jack does not show he faces another random arrest warrant.

Alllivesmatter, I'm an Australian residing in BKK and this sickens me. I'm well aware how the system works and only hope your son and family realize the right outcome.

I'll share.

Thank you so much. jack is humbled by your kind interest and support.

On Sunday we had 20 000 page views with the abc story that we posted. Incredible result that we hope will lead to some attention. Some Australians have contacted me this week for the Australian ambassadors email address which will be a big help for us too

Thank you for caring enough to post !

Archived