Thai passport for child.

I am currently working in China and wish for my Thai girlfriend and son to join me. We need to get my son a passport and we are going to do his Thai one first and get his British passport in February.

What I would like to know is how to apply for this and do I need to be there in person or would my girlfriend be able to do this on her own at her local amphur office?

It was a very good guess - if it was a guess.

Takes a week, costs 1,000 Baht. Same day possible in Bangkok.

Sent from my SMART TAB Gen ME using Tapatalk

And requires what exactly.

No mention of child's birth certificate,tabian ban,mothers ID card,copies of fathers passport etc.

Oh and she won't be doing it at the amphur as mentioned in the opening post.

Edited by stoneyboy

You are off on a tangent Stoney.... Thai passport first

Ok let's decipher the OP.

That reads that he would like for his GF to obtain a Thai passport for their son who is obviously Thai.

So the requirements for that are ?

I mean I did sit in Phitsanulok 4 months ago and obtain 3 for my family in 3 hours so it's pretty straight forward right.

Edited by stoneyboy

You are off on a tangent Stoney.... Thai passport first

Ok let's decipher the OP.

That reads that he would like for his GF to obtain a Thai passport for their son who is obviously Thai.

So the requirements for that are ?

I mean I did sit in Phitsanulok 4 months ago and obtain 3 for my family in 3 hours so it's pretty straight forward right.

Stoney, with that recent experience you should be giving the advice.

Obviously, there is not enough info in the OP.

In my province (Buriram) we have to go to Korat. If the child is over 7 he may have an ID card. That is all that is needed. If not his birth certificate will be required.

The UK passport in February is more complex. Suggest the OP bones up on the GOV.UK website (and/or read the several threads on Thai Visa).

A couple of trips to Bangkok required unless you appoint someone to act for you. Again, your location is a big factor.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info folks. To clear some things up, yes she is the mother, my son is 15 months old and she lives in Chaiyaphum although equally close to Korat. She has done a bit of research and has told me I need to go to the Thai embassy in Beijing (I'm actually closer to Bangkok, I think) and get some form which I must sign and have stamped and send it back to Thailand. I'm going to assume that they are assuming we are married. Would this make it more complicated with my being here? I was under the assumption that it would be a (relatively) straight forward procedure if my girlfriend did it herself (I do realise that not many things in Thailand are straight forward).

From my experience, you need to be there in person.

When I tried making my Thai passport, the office demanded that both my parents be present to sign everything for me (because I'm not 20 years old yet).

My mother was gone from the face of the earth when my parents divorced so only my father was present. Office said if mother is gone or dead, they needed documents to show that only one parent is able to sign everything for me with the reason that the other parent cannot be contacted or dead. This document was arranged by a lawyer.

However, since my father isn't Thai, I'm not sure how would your situation differ.

If the GF is the mother of the child, and she's Thai, there isn't anything needed from the father since they aren't married.

When I got my two's in august, the GF went to get the passports but has they were under 20 I had to be there. We subsequently got them when I came to Thailand, I am from the UK and we are not married. This was in Korat and the passports were with us within a week.

• Like 1

My first daughter was issued with a thai passport at 6 weeks old without me having to show or sign anything but last week my partner went to get my 2nd daughter a thai passport and was told l have to show my passport and sign for her application to be processed. Exactly same paper work submitted for 1st daughter