Big Danish meeting at the Embassy in Bangkok

Lite Beer

Big Danish meeting at the Embassy in Bangkok
IN COMMUNITY NEWS, DENMARK, THAILAND / BY GREGERS MØLLER

BANGKOK: -- Danish and Danish related persons in Thailand will hold a big meeting at the Royal Danish Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday 7 October about several issues related to being Danish in Thailand. The key speaker of the evening will be Anne-Marie Dalsgaard, Secretary General of Danes Worldwide.

The meeting is expected to result in the creation of a new action group for Danes and Danish related people in Thailand to work with issues like the need for Danish language education for Danish and half-Danish children living in Thailand.

For retired or pre-retired Danes the most pressing issues are the reduction of the Danish pension when moving to Thailand, healthcare insurance, and legal issues like inheritance, home purchase, etc.

General issues are the newly passed right for Danes to hold Dual Citizenship and the withdrawal of voting rights for Danes when moving abroad.

A questionnaire will be given to all the participants, where they can mark the issues, that for them personally are the major issues they would like to join an organisation to help solve.

Sign up for the meeting no later than Monday 5 October at 12.00 noon. The signing up is handled by http://www.dancham.or.th/events/danes-abroad-event/
On Wednesday night, DO NOT forget to bring your passport or similar ID with photo, etc. You will not be allowed in without it.
Snack food and drinks will be served.

The meeting is arranged in by Danes Worldwide together with the Royal Danish Embassy, Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce, Scandinavian Siam Society, Danish Women’s Network, Thai-Danish Club, Copenhagen Goodwill Ambassadors. Sponsors are Fyn Bakery, ECCO, Carlsberg Royal Copenhagen and Scand-Media/ScandAsia.

Source: http://scandasia.com/big-danish-meeting-at-the-embassy-in-bangkok/

--ScandAsia 2015-10-03

The meeting is expected to result in the creation of a new action group for Danes and Danish related people in Thailand to work with issues like the need for Danish language education for Danish and half-Danish children living in Thailand.

My son is Swedish. But one of the last languages I would teach him would be Swedish. Same as if he were Danish. Asia is the future. Singapore and Shanghai, not New York and London.

And I am glad I am not a Danish citizen. They are NATO c**k suckers.

Edited by tumama

This is beyond astounding.

Danish citizens who have worked and paid (substantial) taxes their entire lives have their pensions reduced and lose the right to vote if they move???

Yet freeloading economic migrants who contribute nothing are welcomed with open arms and given a free 'all-you-can-eat buffet' of social security benefits.

What's wrong with this picture?

Danish citizens who have worked and paid (substantial) taxes their entire lives have their pensions reduced and lose the right to vote if they move???

Yet freeloading economic migrants who contribute nothing are welcomed with open arms and given a free 'all-you-can-eat buffet' of social security benefits.

Yeah not sure what happening over there. Plenty wrong with that. Personally I have only voted ONCE in my life. And that was whether we should join the Euro or not. With hindsight I am not only glad for myself, but for the entire Swedish populace, that I was right.

Having said that. I love immigrants. One of the only things I liked about Sweden growing up there, as a SWEDE, was them. Not the racist hateful bigots who I despised. Glad to see that most people think like me, but the majority still swallow the anti-Russian and pro NATO propaganda that we are all spoon-fed with.

My son is Swedish. But one of the last languages I would teach him would be Swedish. Same as if he were Danish. Asia is the future. Singapore and Shanghai, not New York and London.

Nato cock sucker have kept Sweden safe for many years, Sweden mad a lot of Money out of the Conflict in 1939/45

Edited by Thongkorn

Yeah not sure what happening over there. Plenty wrong with that. Personally I have only voted ONCE in my life. And that was whether we should join the Euro or not. With hindsight I am not only glad for myself, but for the entire Swedish populace, that I was right.

Having said that. I love immigrants. One of the only things I liked about Sweden growing up there, as a SWEDE, was them. Not the racist hateful bigots who I despised. Glad to see that most people think like me, but the majority still swallow the anti-Russian and pro NATO propaganda that we are all spoon-fed with.

Hope you love the current crop of immigrants.

Bit different to when you were growing up I think.

Sven and Helga are now Mohammed and Fatima.

The racist hateful bigots are alive and well, except they aren't the stereotypical blue eyed blonde anymore.....more the Middle Eastern Koran screeching type.

The Swedes will soon be remembering (and wishing for) the old days of the anti-Russian, pro NATO propaganda as a good thing.

Pensions...haha...forget it......no country can pay a pension when they are full of non productive parasites bleeding it dry.

Edited by Mudcrab

My wife is Danish. But she is not big, so she will not be attending. Very very frustrated to visit home this year and have Danes tell you that because you abandoned your country, you should not get any pension, even though one has worked and contributed to it. These are the well-todo Danes. Disgraceful people.

Sven and Helga are now Mohammed and Fatima.

The racist hateful bigots are alive and well, except they aren't the stereotypical blue eyed blonde anymore.....more the Middle Eastern Koran screeching type.

The Swedes will soon be remembering (and wishing for) the old days of the anti-Russian, pro NATO propaganda as a good thing.

Pensions...haha...forget it......no country can pay a pension when they are full of non productive parasites bleeding it dry.

Well I prefer Mohammed and Fatima to racist bigots as you. Immigrants in Sweden pay taxes and contribute to pensions as everyone else. If it weren't for them we would have a problem due to our aging population and poor record of producing children. Sure you can argue that we are losing our culture, but then you are just another racist bigot. One of the ONLY things I like about Sweden is that it is so multicultural and tolerant society. I welcome people from all over the world. As long as they are not racist bigots such as yourself.

Why didnt you just in Rosengården with Muhammed and all his criminal friends then ... ? blink.png

Go Sverigedemokraterne .... thumbsup.gif

Why didnt you just in Rosengården with Muhammed and all his criminal friends then ... ? blink.png

Go Sverigedemokraterne .... thumbsup.gif

Not sure what that even means. Your English is so poor, way worse than most Swedish immigrants. I used to live in Malmoe and I have been in Rosengarden many times. I went by there many times because of my love for falafel. And I've had ZERO bad experiences of visiting that neighborhood. Our most famous football players is from there. Nice try racist bigot, keep voting for the Nazi party, the Swedish "Democrats"

Also, I am totally for deporting people, bigoted people like you. Ignorant racist rednecks can leave to make space for nice open minded persons.

Edited by tumama

"withdrawal of voting rights for Danes when moving abroad"

Bit of an irony, welcome to Thailand!

Voting for the scum bags in my home country would be the least of my worries. Extension of health care, taxation and other things come to mind. When you leave they give you a golden boot in the ass my ass. So much for a life time of toil paying taxes and being a good citizen. Then they treat you to low pension increases and low interest rates on money you leave in banks back home. Its one thing to be screwed but screwed blued and tattooed is way to much. At least the Danish government has the courtesy to listen to its citizens living abroad. Could be just lip service.

Edited by elgordo38

The problems for retirees residing in Thailand besides no voting rights are:

As for the pension then a retiree will only received the BASIC amount without any other allowances. If residing within EU and some other countries f.inst. Switzerland, retirees can get these allowances.

Tax is paid to Denmark at the rate of 37-38%.

Health insurance - this is the worst part. Retirees in the EU are receiving health insurance, whereas a retiree outside Denmark/EU must take out an insurance which is extremely costly and one should even be grateful to the insurer if they will accept to take the risk.

"withdrawal of voting rights for Danes when moving abroad"

Bit of an irony, welcome to Thailand!

Voting for the scum bags in my home country would be the least of my worries. Extension of health care, taxation and other things come to mind. When you leave they give you a golden boot in the ass my ass. So much for a life time of toil paying taxes and being a good citizen. Then they treat you to low pension increases and low interest rates on money you leave in banks back home. Its one thing to be screwed but screwed blued and tattooed is way to much. At least the Danish government has the courtesy to listen to its citizens living abroad. Could be just lip service.

It is a misunderstanding about "At least the Danish government has the courtesy to listen to its citizens living abroad".

The meeting is simply to promote the organization "Danes Worldwide" and the event is at the Danish Embassy.

The problems for retirees residing in Thailand besides no voting rights are:

As for the pension then a retiree will only received the BASIC amount without any other allowances. If residing within EU and some other countries f.inst. Switzerland, retirees can get these allowances.

Tax is paid to Denmark at the rate of 37-38%.

Health insurance - this is the worst part. Retirees in the EU are receiving health insurance, whereas a retiree outside Denmark/EU must take out an insurance which is extremely costly and one should even be grateful to the insurer if they will accept to take the risk.

In round numbers, how much is the post tax Danish pension?

Just want to see how it stack up against the US social security.

In round numbers, how much is the post tax Danish pension?

Just want to see how it stack up against the US social security.

It depends on a lot of different factors, but for a single person living in Denmark and without any other income the government pension after taxes would be a bit over 100,000 DKK per year. At current rates that's the equivalent of around 16,000 USD. But if living solely on the government pension you would likely be eligible for help with rent, heating etc.

Sophon

Kee kwai.