Relationships in thailand

riorobc023

thaiduncankk said, 150,000$ a year is 400,000 baht a month !

Is she Royalty perhaps ?

smotherb said, $12,500/mo perhaps royalty? There are O&G workers making that offshore today. Many developed-country professionals make that kind of money. I made more than that all throughout the eighties--30 odd years ago. Hardly royalty.

thaiduncankk said, Are you a Thai Lady ?

Are you a sexist? Women now make good salaries too. $150k/yr is hardly royalty

Show me any Thai lady earning 400,000 baht a month.

No, I am not a sexist.

Any Thai lady earning that amount of money, and I am sure there are possibly a handful, would not

mix in circles with Western men.

I was pointing out that where the poster was almost certainly earning more than that offshore,

unless she is at the same level as, for example, the Boon Rawd heiress, forget it, it is utter BS !

Doesn't exist if she is not a drug dealer or have multiple farang sponsors who wire her money every month.

Edited by bander

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say you feel like you've known each other for years. That's a bit naive in my opinion. You'll know each other a while lot better after sleepless night with kids and living together for a few years. You're just getting to know each other. She probably doesn't want to tell her mum till she's certain about you. No big deal.

Probably close to the truth....most old-fashioned families in Thailand expect a daughter is 'introducing' a 'husband'. Unlike Western secular society, the 'spoiled goods' is still important in saving face and social standing.

Ok, well you have discovered the great Asian secret. The Asian (Thai, Chins, India, it really does not matter) view other races with disdain and mixed relationships with their daughters are not usually well received regardless of what fantasy westerners maintain about how an Asian girl with a white boyfriend should be lucky. When the Asian female in question has a family of sufficient wealth and status they do NOT want their daughter tied up with a foreigner of another race, it is not good face in their world and circles. They will need to put up with a great deal of angst from family members (grannies, cousins, etc) and friends and neighbors derogatory comments, gossip and glances. This can be highly intolerable for them. Sorry but that is the reality and 30 years of observation and interaction with these people. I hope you can work it out to your satisfaction but, just the same, plan for an uphill march all the way.

fairly myopic view. I don't think you have adequate qualification to make generalized statements about people.

A few years ago before I married I dated a VP of a wealth management firm here in BKK and a Lawyer previously educated at Melbourne University <deleted>.
They both make the money he's quoted so yes, there are girls here that make the big bucks. Damn pretty girls but the attitude and superiority complex......well, that's why I called it.
Now, I know many here will doubt me but before you set fire to the keyboard, how about you look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have the savvy.
If you're of similar age, class, appearance, and assurance of income/wealth, it'll happen, but very rare.
Just go easy OP and ensure you learn all about her and the family before taking a bigger step.

I have had many successful relationships with much younger Thai women.

I give them money, and they let me have a relationship with them.

Couldn't be easier!

A "relationship"?

Payment for services rendered + VAT?

A few years ago before I married I dated a VP of a wealth management firm here in BKK and a Lawyer previously educated at Melbourne University of <deleted>

They both make the money he's quoted so yes, there are girls here that make the big bucks. Damn pretty girls but the attitude and superiority complex......well, that's why I called it.

Now, I know many here will doubt me but before you set fire to the keyboard, how about you look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have the savvy.

If you're of similar age, class, appearance, and assurance of income/wealth, it'll happen, but very rare.

Just go easy OP and ensure you learn all about her and the family before taking a bigger step.

Have I got this right -- you turned down the opportunity to marry a member <deleted> who worked as a lawyer and had been educated at Melbourne University?

I believe you.

It's actually quite a common story here on ThaiVisa.

I went to Melbourne Uni also although 10 years before her. Let's say I was her gik.

Could it have gone further, likely.

Does she truly understand how fortunate she is to have family support her financially and pull all the right stings? She certainly didn't 5 years ago when we were together for 9 months and I doubt it today.

She's working here and abroad last I heard.

Where did they meet these ladies? ThaiFriendy? a low class disco

The age of the parties? 65+yo

Marital status? Married numerous times?

Kids? Untold numbers?

Ex-partner details?

I am gullible - but not that to that extent.

How about a special thread - Hi-So Playmate of the Month?

You think these girls are Hi-So? They are not Fang. Hi-So (extremely wealthy) girls very rarely date Western guys.

We met on en route from New York to BKK.

She was returning from work commitments, I was returning from a birthday and BASE jump trip. Yes, that's right; jumping from fixed objects.

So.....have a think how it might just follow when a pretty girl meets a fit BASE jumper.

There are girls here in BKK educated abroad that are financially sound (with their families initial support).

Perhaps you've seen them but have had no association with them.

Again, all the best to the OP.

We met on en route from New York to BKK.

She was returning from work commitments, I was returning from a birthday and BASE jump trip. Yes, that's right; jumping from fixed objects.

So.....have a think how it might just follow when a pretty girl meets a fit BASE jumper.

There are girls here in BKK educated abroad that are financially sound (with their families initial support).

Perhaps you've seen them but have had no association with them.

Please go on Joop.......I'd like to hear more about the wealthy Thai girl meets "Fit" Base jumper...Were you both flying 1st Class?

Not saying it didn't happen but.......well...... you know. An acquaintance of mine told me he had met a stunningly pretty Thai gal on a flight. She claimed she owned an exorbitant amount of land and was well off. He believed her...for awhile. Of course after a bit of time all the truth came out. She had cash flow from the bilking of numerous Foreigners. People BS on Airplanes like they do on anonymous forums ya know.

Man I love rose colored glasses.

All good man...All good.laugh.png

Ok, well you have discovered the great Asian secret. The Asian (Thai, Chins, India, it really does not matter) view other races with disdain and mixed relationships with their daughters are not usually well received regardless of what fantasy westerners maintain about how an Asian girl with a white boyfriend should be lucky. When the Asian female in question has a family of sufficient wealth and status they do NOT want their daughter tied up with a foreigner of another race, it is not good face in their world and circles. They will need to put up with a great deal of angst from family members (grannies, cousins, etc) and friends and neighbors derogatory comments, gossip and glances. This can be highly intolerable for them. Sorry but that is the reality and 30 years of observation and interaction with these people. I hope you can work it out to your satisfaction but, just the same, plan for an uphill march all the way.

Gee, I thought you were talking about Westerners; specifically white people.

The beach holiday will be interesting 555.

My lady is a Nthn girl - fears the water.

Will not dress even in a modest bikini.

with experience dating thai girls i can say the single thing i miss the most is an ex japanese girlfriend, shortboard surfer like me. we used to surf together all the time. no fears about getting a suntan, loved the beach and the waves. didn't use an umbrella to protect her precious white skin. very open minded and adventuresome. able to eat all types of food. any style bikini ok.

Is she Royalty perhaps ?

smotherb said, $12,500/mo perhaps royalty? There are O&G workers making that offshore today. Many developed-country professionals make that kind of money. I made more than that all throughout the eighties--30 odd years ago. Hardly royalty.

No, I am not a sexist.

Any Thai lady earning that amount of money, and I am sure there are possibly a handful, would not

I was pointing out that where the poster was almost certainly earning more than that offshore,

unless she is at the same level as, for example, the Boon Rawd heiress, forget it, it is utter BS !

Allegedly, Yingluck's salary was US$ 4,144 per month, about a third of what that bird earns !

Why have all the hassle and grief of running the country for such a pittance in comparison ?

Allegedly, Yingluck's salary was US$ 4,144 per month, about a third of what that bird earns !

Why have all the hassle and grief of running the country for such a pittance in comparison ?

If you think just a little bit deeper you may (or may not) understand why she worked for that pittance of a salary.

good luck

Is she Royalty perhaps ?

No, I am not a sexist.

If you think just a little bit deeper you may (or may not) understand why she worked for that pittance of a salary.

good luck

I understanding where you are coming from, however, that would have been the salary for whoever was elected.

I was merely pointing out his ridiculous figures that he claimed his fictional lady was earning.

Is she Royalty perhaps ?

No, I am not a sexist.

good luck

Well, according to http://iheartlakorns.com/2011/10/top-10-highest-paid-thai-actresses-for-2011/--and this is four years ago:

“Aum” Patcharapa Chaichuea is ranked as the highest paid actress in Thailand.

Ranking

1.“Aum” Patcharapa Chaichuea

Lakorn/Episode -150000 (4,810 USD)

Events/Fairs -150000(4,810 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-8.6 million ($275,817 USD)

2. Chompoo Araya Hagate

Lakorn/Episode -75000 (2,405 USD)

Events/Fairs -120000 (3,848 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-7.5 million ($240,538 USD)

3. Ploy Chermarn

Events/Fairs -100000 (3,207 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-6.5 million ($208,466 USD)

4. Anne Thongprasom

Lakorn/Episode -80000 (2,565 USD)

Events/Fairs -95000 (3,046 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-6 million ($192,431 USD)

5. “Pancake” Khemmanid Jamikorn

Lakorn/Episode -65000 (2,084 USD)

Events/Fairs -80000(2,565 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-5 million ($160,359 USD)

6. “Aff” Taksaorn Paksukcharean

Lakorn/Episode -70000 (2,245 USD)

Events/Fairs -120000(3,848 USD)

7. Noon Woranuch

Lakorn/Episode -80000 (2,565USD)

Events/Fairs -90000 (2,886 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-5.5 million ($176,395 USD)

8. Janie Tienposuwan

9. Yaya Urassaya Sperbund

Lakorn/Episode -45000 (1,443 USD)

Events/Fairs -70000 (2,245 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-4.5 million ($144,323 USD)

10.Min Pechaya Wattanamontree

Lakorn/Episode -50000 (1,603 USD)

Events/Fairs -60000 (1,924 USD)

Advertisements/Lump Sum-4.6 million ($ 147,530 USD)

For what it is worth, I tried to find the annual "earnings" of the ten top Thai hookers, but alas, they don't report it. Suffice to say, I know a couple who have taken millions of baht from several farangs.

These are well qualified; incredible expertise; honourable craftswomen.

They work long hours; on 24 hour call.

Life ain't easy.

Premature retirement in most cases - a lot of mileage.

Worth every $$$ me thinks.

Is she Royalty perhaps ?

No, I am not a sexist.

good luck

Well, according to http://iheartlakorns.com/2011/10/top-10-highest-paid-thai-actresses-for-2011/--and this is four years ago:

Aum Patcharapa Chaichuea is ranked as the highest paid actress in Thailand.

Ranking

1.Aum Patcharapa Chaichuea

2. Chompoo Araya Hagate

3. Ploy Chermarn

4. Anne Thongprasom

5. Pancake Khemmanid Jamikorn

6. Aff Taksaorn Paksukcharean

7. Noon Woranuch

8. Janie Tienposuwan

For what it is worth, I tried to find the annual "earnings" of the ten top Thai hookers, but alas, they don't report it. Suffice to say, I know a couple who have taken millions of baht from several farangs.

I did say possibly a handful.

You are talking about, in the eyes of Thais, so called mega stars.

I don't see many of them sniffing around TV looking for a bit of farang ?

Is she Royalty perhaps ?

No, I am not a sexist.

good luck

Aum Patcharapa Chaichuea is ranked as the highest paid actress in Thailand.

Ranking

1.Aum Patcharapa Chaichuea

2. Chompoo Araya Hagate

3. Ploy Chermarn

4. Anne Thongprasom

5. Pancake Khemmanid Jamikorn

6. Aff Taksaorn Paksukcharean

7. Noon Woranuch

8. Janie Tienposuwan

I did say possibly a handful.

You are talking about, in the eyes of Thais, so called mega stars.

I don't see many of them sniffing around TV looking for a bit of farang ?

"Show me any Thai lady earning 400,000 baht a month."

Posts and reference to the Royal Family have been edited or removed.

DO NOT post anything disrespectful like this again or an immediate BAN will follow.

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai Royal Family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Same for myself. I didn't tell people about my relationship with Thai wife. Some people still don't know. I had a couple of marriages and didn't or don't want people including family to know until all is solid.

In the LOS, a "solid" relationship is only the Money Number One relationship that you make yourselfcoffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Never met a yank who didn't tell me within an minute how much money he made, or what something cost. Really not interested.

Duh! If you were really not interested, then why did you really bother to reply? Get your British self unconstipated, bloke whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen