Heavy rains set to lash capital as storm looms

Lite Beer

If lightning strikes and does a lot of damage to a major power station in Thailand is that bad management Then let's say for arguments sake the same power station is struck another 3 times is that then the fault of the of the official tasked in sorting out the first strike. I guess according to most yes it would be cos you obviously hate Thailand just a reminder there's two airports in Bangkok that serve destinations all over the world let me be the first to wish you goodbye.

Well if there wasn't adequate protection in the first place or if further protection wasnt being added then YES.

Simpleton "if you dont like it then leave" posts has been done to death and makes you look like a rose colored glass wearing n00b.

This is a discussion forum and you will get lots and lots of negative posts

So like it or lump it, but please try to make accurate analogies!

The drains under the sidewalks have too narrow openings, a few leaves or 1 plastic bag can totally jam it. In Europe they have wider openings and leaves can just flow into the drains.

But i see crappy drains everywhere, even in new roads. Also overloaded trucks damage them often.

I don't understand why thailand never made a standardized size of roaddrains with factory made draingrids. Also they rot away fast.

It seems they have to go to Europe to study how to build proper drains but even there they have flashfloods.

...and why did they wait for rainy season without pushing the drain pipe project...idiotic....

The drought hype was used as a face saving cover up measurements,..... this is Thailand, where saving face and image is more important than substance

Overrated, overhyped drought all year long, until it floods.......

....... means bad water management only, drought image used to cover up flood mismanagement aka saving face..................whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

You are spouting rubbish flash floods are just that FLASH no warning FLASH no body can predict them it's not flood prevention it's FLASH flooding it happens all over the world an act of device intervention if you like. But hey use the blame game if it makes you feel better

hahaha... Cant you admit that the drainage system all over Thailand is a DISASTER ??? coffee1.gif

More flooding, rain in East

I guess the world has the same problem everywhere, Thailand basher.

Rain makes it hard for the girls to show up for work.. YES those kind of girls.............hahahaha.

Did you create that post alone in your room whilst your underpants were round your ankles ?

Some very odd people on the internet.

No i did not. It happened last night , very few workers- whats a man to do? cold shower? hahahaha!

With a gradual decrese in height above sea level I would like to see what any "muppit" could effectively do to solve flooding in BKK. As for the rest of Thailand the problem has been exacerbated by the usual greed factors and the historic lack of planning. Current huge efforts being made are also being hindered by the same factors.

Similar problems are being faced and felt all over the world but it seems to some that Thailand is the singular butt of derision.

With a gradual decrese in height above sea level I would like to see what any "muppit" could effectively do to solve flooding in BKK. As for the rest of Thailand the problem has been exacerbated by the usual greed factors and the historic lack of planning. Current huge efforts being made are also being hindered by the same factors.

Similar problems are being faced and felt all over the world but it seems to some that Thailand is the singular butt of derision.

That's what I'm talking about, man.....

It funny some people cant understand this is called THAI VISA, a forum about THAILAND, often with frustrated expats airing their grievances.

Deal with it.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. This is not about flooding problems in the UK.

You are correct of course. I made a post about the UK as a comparison & to show that this happens elsewhere. Also, to hopefully ameliorate the negative comments that appear about Thailand, all too often.

I would not consider that to be off topic.

It funny some people cant understand this is called THAI VISA, a forum about THAILAND, often with frustrated expats airing their grievances.

Deal with it.

Hmmm.... frustration....an excuse to be eternally negative? I was referring to topic in essence. Deal with? Daily! Bartenders live with it! Visit one.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. This is not about flooding problems in the UK.

You are correct of course. I made a post about the UK as a comparison & to show that this happens elsewhere. Also, to hopefully ameliorate the negative comments that appear about Thailand, all too often.

Flooding is a problem to be sure it is. Coping with that caused by water is of concern no doubt ! But the flood of verbage that is ignored and comparative comments relative to topic seems often to be selectively inhibited. A curiosity in itself to be sure. smile.png

Flooding is a problem to be sure it is. Coping with that caused by water is of concern no doubt ! But the flood of verbage that is ignored and comparative comments relative to topic seems often to be selectively inhibited. A curiosity in itself to be sure. smile.png

Certainly is...there appears to a deficit when the Hymn Sheet is modulated - for want of a better word. 555!

Certainly is...there appears to a deficit when the Hymn Sheet is modulated - for want of a better word. 555!

555 ! I threw away any Hymn Sheet before puperty ! I sing at will smile.png

Overrated, overhyped drought all year long, until it floods.......

....... means bad water management only, drought image used to cover up flood mismanagement aka saving face..................whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

You are spouting rubbish flash floods are just that FLASH no warning FLASH no body can predict them it's not flood prevention it's FLASH flooding it happens all over the world an act of device intervention if you like. But hey use the blame game if it makes you feel better

Did the responsible government dog agencies ever hear about preventive measurements, ever took preventive measurement actions, for any decades?? No???!!!!!!

Think again, lad.......

Thanks for the complement old man.........

Deal with it.

Hmmm.... frustration....an excuse to be eternally negative? I was referring to topic in essence. Deal with? Daily! Bartenders live with it! Visit one.

Yes well, call it what ever you like, its called projecting ones own self.

Now my quoting of your post was only one sample from

the pointless pool of "but it happens in xxxxxxx" (insert your country of choice or "all over the world" in your case) posts.

Get it?