Acer Tablet

Sooo Upto Me

Hi Tech guys

Does anyone know if Acer tablets are a reliable device?

I'm thinking of buying a Acer Iconia s talk Tablet. It came out beginning of this year, 7.0 inch 3g 4g an Lte. Android 4.4 16gb memory with up to 128gb external.1gb ram. 5mp camera. 2mp front. very slim an light. Was 8000b now 5400b. At lazada/Cd discount.

Ive had Acer laptops before without any probs.

I like the Samaung Galaxy A Tab 8.0 also. But its double the price with almost identical specification.

Any thoughts on this would be welcomed Thanks.

In that sort of price range I would also consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

Yes I looked at that, was on my list but read some bad reviews about it. Also only 3mp rear camera, Acer 5mp

Also only 8gb storage Acer 16gb. An Acer has Dual call sim card which is handy for me.

Thanks anyway.

Make sure that you can upgrade to Android 5.1.1. Android 4.2 or 4.4 will have limited functionality. Samsung might be the best for getting OS updates out on a timely basis. I don't have any experience with ASUS or Acer tablets but have been satisfied with the updates from Samsung and HP.

Make sure that you can upgrade to Android 5.1.1. Android 4.2 or 4.4 will have limited functionality. Samsung might be the best for getting OS updates out on a timely basis. I don't have any experience with ASUS or Acer tablets but have been satisfied with the updates from Samsung and HP.

OK, thx for the info.

In that sort of price range I would also consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

Yes I looked at that, was on my list but read some bad reviews about it. Also only 3mp rear camera, Acer 5mp

Also only 8gb storage Acer 16gb. An Acer has Dual call sim card which is handy for me.

Thanks anyway.

You know one can go mad reading the reviews. You might also consider the 8" Samsung Tab S which should be discounted since the Tab S2 is now out.

Hi,ive now got it down to 2 tabs. Asus Zenpad 7.0 which only came out in august and has been upgraded to android 5 lollipop. But does not hav 4g lte which i think is not a prob in thailand anyway. So dont really need? Also has good rear camera 7mp. An has 2gb Ram. priced at 5,900b.

Or the Acer Iconia talk s which came out in jan but is on Android 4.4 kitkat. An has only 1gb Ram, an 5mp camera. Priced at 5,400b

So any final thoughts on that? Main question im asking is that is Asus a better tablet than Acer? On choice i think i would go for the Asus as its got latest android lollipop an 2gb Ram. An better camera. But no 4g lte which i dont really need here anywayi think? An better to have 2gb Ram.

So Asus or Acer??

Thanks.

I don't know about Asus, but I've got an Acer Iconia A1-810 with KitKat, and it works fast and stable enough, with the following caveats:

-- with KitKat installed it cannot be rooted, so far as I can determine,

-- the screen may or may not be glass, but it certainly has a plasticky and cheap feel; no sense of quality,

-- there's a yellow cast to the display, when you compare it next to other smart phones, and

-- WIFI is relatively weak, compared to other smart phones.

• 3 weeks later...

with the latest android os upgrade to marshmellow 6.0, it is better to get at least 2GB ram. Better to have 3GB as anything below 2GB is lagging, even for lollipop 5.

i am still using my Nexus 7 (2012) 1GB but had to tweak it to work. Many had to revert back to Andriod kitkat and below for smooth functioning.

Archived