Russian commits suicide behind Pattaya Temple

webfact

Russian commits suicide behind Pattaya Temple

russia-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 54 year old Russian who was given shelter at a Pattaya Temple as he was homeless and broke, appears to have committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree.

Police were called to the Gratin Tong Temple in Jomtien on Saturday Morning and were directed to an area of woodland just beyond the Temple boundary where Mr. Sergey Bykov had apparently hung himself from a tree.

The body of Mr. Bykov was removed and taken to the Morgue as Monks explained that the man had been living at the Temple for the last 3 days. He claimed he was homeless and broke, following a relationship with a woman from Buriram Province in North-East of Thailand.

He had told the Monks that after working hard in Moscow, Russia, he had saved the equivalent of 600,000 Baht for a trip to Thailand. When he arrived he met the woman and the pair spent all of his savings. He arrived at the Temple with 400 Baht in his pocket and his passport.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218366/russian-commits-suicide-behind-pattaya-temple/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-05

i don't care if you are homeless and broke. We all could be.........but if you are stressed about money, it's amazing how much better you will feel after to talk to someone. maybe not tell them all the details, but you will find out people will care and you will find a great support group. suicide is NEVER the answer if ONLY homeless and broke. I don't consider this a stigma if this is all that happened to you.

never give up......keep fighting.

good luck all...

i include myself. none of us are immune.

Edited by puukao

I agree that suicide is not a resolution. But you need to know, that we Russians are really proud people, we would never ask for money or help, that can bring us great shame.

Also, instead of going to Russian Church in pattaya and ask for help, he went to budistic temple?? Why? How they can help him?

i don't care if you are homeless and broke. We all could be.........but if you are stressed about money, it's amazing how much better you will feel after to talk to someone. maybe not tell them all the details, but you will find out people will care and you will find a great support group. suicide is NEVER the answer if ONLY homeless and broke. I don't consider this a stigma if this is all that happened to you.

good luck all...

Well said that man. Talking helps immeasurably if you have the right 'ear'.

There is plenty of compassion in the expat community. I would think that is the first place to start if in trouble.

I have little compassion though, for the western street beggars who squandered all their money.

Strangely enough I helped an expat not even my nationality get home. I bought his air ticket.

Maybe Thai visa could set up some kind of hot line for foreigners in distress.

There is plenty of compassion in the expat community. I would think that is the first place to start if in trouble.

I have little compassion though, for the western street beggars who squandered all their money.

Strangely enough I helped an expat not even my nationality get home. I bought his air ticket.

There is no compassion. Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

That is actually job of embassies and other diplomatic bodies,

I am pretty sure that they offer all support and help, but pride is pride.

"He had told the Monks that after working hard in Moscow, Russia, he had saved the equivalent of 600,000 Baht for a trip to Thailand. When he arrived he met the woman and the pair spent all of his savings. He arrived at the Temple with 400 Baht in his pocket and his passport."

once you live there, the thought of having to go "back" is horrible.

600,000 baht is $16,500 USD. you could live alone like a monk for a year or so, but then...

maybe this was his plan all along. big blow out in Thailand and then see you later alligator.

which model of iPhone do you think his girlfriend got?

Edited by NCC1701A

......so much for sharing....

...that is not sharing...it is draining....bilking....

...obviously 'she' has nothing to worry about.....

...and this is what he got for his money.......

...just another story of another dirty userious b*tch.....she is the one who should go to hell.....

....a fictional rendition of a man being taken for all his savings then thrown in the street...

....'No,no, nobody to blame....his own fault.....they spent it together...'

....<deleted> you.....

...and any other racist sh*t that wants to stereotype him for being Russian....

I agree that suicide is not a resolution. But you need to know, that we Russians are really proud people, we would never ask for money or help, that can bring us great shame.

Also, instead of going to Russian Church in pattaya and ask for help, he went to budistic temple?? Why? How they can help him?

You've answered your own question, you said Russian people would never ask for help so maybe he felt too embarrassed to to talk with other russians and felt he could only talk with approachable and friendly thais.

It's not about beeing russian or proud. Every human beeing that made his life hard working would hate begging. This guy was not only financially broken, but also heart broken. He just couldn't stand it. You are correct, seeking help in the local community could had save him...

"He had told the Monks that after working hard in Moscow, Russia, he had saved the equivalent of 600,000 Baht for a trip to Thailand. When he arrived he met the woman and the pair spent all of his savings. He arrived at the Temple with 400 Baht in his pocket and his passport."

once you live there, the thought of having to go "back" is horrible.

600,000 baht is $16,500 USD. you could live alone like a monk for a year or so, but then...

maybe this was his plan all along. big blow out in Thailand and then see you later alligator.

which model of iPhone do you think his girlfriend got?

Yep, I am sure she held a gun to his head. All these thai girls with secret doctoral degrees in fiance taking advantage of poor uneducated Europeans.

good luck all...

Well said that man. Talking helps immeasurably if you have the right 'ear'.

Graemej100 and puukao, you'll be amazed about the number of "right ears" that can be found when it's about helping out with money.