Poop transplant to cure Obesity, Diabetes and Autism.

Edgehog net

Feces transplant is not a therapy for the masses yet, but scientists (and businesses) are working on more palatable ways of delivering the same benefits Much of the research has been very promising and the link between gut bacteria and obesity (and also lack of obesity) is now well established. I don't think this will be for the masses for quite a long time ... but that could mean 5 years or 25, who knows?

• 3 months later...

Kimchi is a tiny effect compared to the clinical potential of feces sourced gut bacteria therapy. But by all means do eat fermented foods and also foods that feed on the good bacteria such as raw onions.

The link between different gut bacteria profiles and obesity and absence of obesity is proven. The cause effect part of it not so clear. Antibiotics may be a culprit as it wipes out bacteria and is overused. Perhaps processed foods? Science and commerce marches on! Even with poop. Maybe especially with poop.

Personally I had numerous ear infections as a child of course treated with multiple courses of antibiotics. Was this a contributing factor to my childhood obesity? I suspect so.

But definitely not the only factor. Remember frosted flakes?

Archived