Amulets worth over B100,000 stolen from car parked close to Phuket hospital

webfact

Amulets worth over B100,000 stolen from car parked close to Phuket hospital
Eakkapop Thongtub

1444019144_1-org.jpg
Police inspect the vehicle from where the amulets were stolen.

PHUKET: -- Police are currently looking for a thief or thieves who broke into a man’s car and stole two amulets valued at over B100,000 while he was taking his young son for an appointment at Vachira Hospital.

Weerachai Khaokaew, 35, from Krabi had taken his son for an appointment at the hospital at 3pm yesterday (Oct 4). He could not find a parking space in the hospital grounds so parked close to the Tammua Northeastern restaurant on Komarapaj Rd in Talad Yai.

Upon returning to the car he found that it had been broken into and the two amulets stolen.

“When I got back to my car I found that the left-hand side window had been broken and a 100-year-old Luang Phor Cham amulet from Wat Chalong and a Luang Pho Ngern Wat Bangklan amulet had been stolen along with some petty cash,” Mr Weerachai told police.

Police are currently checking CCTV footage from the area in hope of catching the perpetrators.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/amulets-worth-over-b100-000-stolen-from-car-parked-close-to-phuket-hospital-54395.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-05