Lost scooter around victory monument

speedtripler

Borrowed a small scooter to a friend who is only temporarily here on holiday

He left it around victory monument and got lost and couldn't find it, didn't have a Thai phone, eventually came back by taxi

I guess he parked in a no parking zone and the police scooped it up but I've been to the box and the station and they said they haven't seen it..... Obviously :)

This was 5 days ago... Should we write it off or is there anything else that can be done? (it's only worth about 25k and he will pay me back if we can't track it down )

Should we stop looking for it or try more police stations or any ideas?

It is not really the police's job to help you.

You understand that, right?

Try the impound lot.

Best take green book with.

Offer a reward...say 5000baht.

Print a little flier and distribute to mocy taxis near VM.

I'd say chances or recovery are 50/50.

Good luck.

I know the police are not responsible for this <deleted> up , but I have seen them lifting bikes into pickups before, that's why I thought they might have it...

I can speak Thai so I asked a local cop, he said not sure, try the control box at victory

They said if was around here, go to phayathai station

The police at phayathai would not let me check the hundreds of bikes they have at the side and behind the station...

They just said leave a phone number.... Well call you if we find it :)

If it was parked in someone's noodle kart area on the rented sidewalk then I'm sure it would be moved on but where to?

Do you know where is the impounded bikes kept at? If the police know, they didn't volunteer the address...

Maybe they will call with a counter offer? To buy it back or maybe it goes to the spare parts in some local dealership?

We've driven around looking and it doesn't seem to be anywhere :)

It is somewhere.

1. Still where he parked it.

2. Cops took it.

3. Non-cop took it.

Wasting time talking to cops (see post 2)

Mocy taxi guys at VM can tell you or take you to where the impound yard is.

Or just continue whining on this forum.

You've wasted 5 days already.

Up to you.

I've been in Japan when this happened last week , I've just learned upon return , I'm posting from a phone btw so excuse the grammar

If you have nothing helpful to add plz f off and leave the thread alone due to someone who might actually know where is such an impound yard in the central bkk area

Ta

Can you post the plate numbers and the description please so that we might be able to help you. If he parked the bike with the steering lock on it may of been removed by the traffic police especially if it was on the road. Otherwise they aren't likely to remove it to an impound lot unless they absolutely have too.

Phayathai police station go there and lodge it as missing or suspected stolen, if they find it they will call you. It just a pity you don't know where exactly you left it cause it is either stolen or some nice person has moved it for you for some reason doing you a favour.

Archived