Where To Go For A Short Break From Bkk?

MartinBKK

Im looking for somewhere to go for a romantic break with my TGF over the holiday period in October (21, 22, 23).

I have checked out the usual places such as Hua Hin, Phuket etc but the prices are extrmely high with limited availability.

I wonder if someone could suggest somewhere which won't have ridiculous prices but is a nice place to visit. We don't particularly want a long journey (from BKK) so somewhere close would be good.

We are a young couple so would like to have plenty to keep us occupied as well as being able to relax.

Thanks for your help.

Im looking for somewhere to go for a romantic break with my TGF over the holiday period in October (21, 22, 23).

I have checked out the usual places such as Hua Hin, Phuket etc but the prices are extrmely high with limited availability.

I wonder if someone could suggest somewhere which won't have ridiculous prices but is a nice place to visit. We don't particularly want a long journey (from BKK) so somewhere close would be good.

We are a young couple so would like to have plenty to keep us occupied as well as being able to relax.

Thanks for your help.

Just an idea.....

Take the train to Kanchantaburi, then a scorpion tail boat up to one of the Rafthotels on the Nam Kwai Noi.

Train around 200Bahy each way (Max) and the Raft Hotel room w/ac 2000 Baht/Night. Everything else (Beer & Food) similar to Bangkok. Take the train back to civilization.

Bob

That sounds like fun. Have you any idea where i could look for more information? Once i get to

Kanchantaburi how will i find where to get the scorpion tail boat? Can you book the raft hotels or do you just turn up? If you give me any additional info i would be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Edited by MartinBKK

Bob

That sounds like fun. Have you any idea where i could look for more information? Once i get to

Kanchantaburi how will i find where to get the scorpion tail boat? Can you book the raft hotels or do you just turn up? If you give me any additional info i would be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Martin,

Check out the following:

Hotels: http://www.kanchanaburihotels.com/

In Particular check this out: http://www.r24.org/kanchanaburihotels.com/...naburi/village/

Train: http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

In Particular check this out: http://www.seat61.com/Kwai.htm

For many of the hotels on the river, it would be easier to just take the train to Nam Tok which is where the route terminates and use the hotel boats to sight-see.

Thanks for your help.

why you do not tryo Khao yai , not so much in the tourist track !

as a poster said Kanchantaburi sound good !

i try to go there last year , with my small pug , but every hotel said no , my condo in bangkok is much more elaborated as the room i was looking for :o

only one place did said yes , was the rabbit resort in pattaya !

I like chumphon, but makes only sense if you can sleep in the train else you loose to much time for 3 days.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Many thanks.

Martin,

Check out the following:

Hotels: http://www.kanchanaburihotels.com/

In Particular check this out: http://www.r24.org/kanchanaburihotels.com/...naburi/village/

Train: http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

In Particular check this out: http://www.seat61.com/Kwai.htm

For many of the hotels on the river, it would be easier to just take the train to Nam Tok which is where the route terminates and use the hotel boats to sight-see.

Hi, I am thinking to take a one night trip to Kanchanabui and stay at the Pavilion Rim Kwai Resort.

Any idea how far it is from the train station to the resort.? Regards, BD

Thanks for your help.

There's nothing more romantic than a beautiful lady, lear sky and thousands of stars on the River Kwai.

There are planty of guesthouses and rafts along the river kwai and they're not expensive.

Kanchanaburi has elephants, monkeys, mountains, waterfalls, rivers.

I'd book in advance not for availability but for convenience like being picked or as you may be one of the few people there they made need to get in some food.

River rafting is good fun.

Thanks for your help.

There's nothing more romantic than a beautiful lady, lear sky and thousands of stars on the River Kwai.

There are planty of guesthouses and rafts along the river kwai and they're not expensive.

Kanchanaburi has elephants, monkeys, mountains, waterfalls, rivers.

I'd book in advance not for availability but for convenience like being picked or as you may be one of the few people there they made need to get in some food.

Least we forget - killer MIB :o

Im looking for somewhere to go for a romantic :D break with my TGF :D over the holiday period in October (21, 22, 23).

Thanks for your help.

There's nothing more romantic than a beautiful lady, clear sky and thousands of stars on the River Kwae. :D

There are plenty of guesthouses and rafts along the River Kwae and they're not expensive.

Kanchanaburi has elephants, monkeys and Kan Win also :D , mountains, waterfalls, rivers.

Least we forget - killer MIB :D

If you let these kind of factors lead your decisions you would not leave your house. :D

Kanchanaburi is a very safe place to visit and if you go i'm sure you will have a great time. :o

Some of us actually live there, but work in Bangkok and go back to our loved ones at week-ends and enjoy the richness that Kan has to offer.

and as the sun sets at this time of the year:-

Enjoy your time in Kan should you wish to come here :D and have a ball of fun :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

I like chumphon, but makes only sense if you can sleep in the train else you loose to much time for 3 days.

H90 - Chumphon- Are you winding the guy up or am I missing something?

Seriously - could you let me know, cos my old lady is from near Chumphon and she is always mithering me to go up there. I ve been a couple of times but it didnt hit the spot for me.

Let me in on your secret. Or are you winding the OP up and sending him somewhere <deleted>?