View Talay 1/2

swissie

As it were, my "Real-Estate Buddy" in Pattaya claims, that 90% of his income is generated by selling condos in View Talay 1or 2. High turnover and every quarter, the prices of those condos increase by 10%. (??).

Reasoning: The buyers like the "old" Talays, because the buildings (as far as Quality is concerned) are far superior compared to the "New-Ones" that are being built today So far so good.

But, under these circumstances, what makes the sellers sell, resulting in a high turnover-rate ?

Somebody "in the know". may want to comment on this.

Cheers.

I've got a buddy selling his condo in VT2. He's dropped the price numerous times and still no buyers. He's priced it right where all the other condos are. Prices are definitely not increasing. You might want to find another agent.

View Talay 1 & 2 small 32 sq meter studios are rented out; therefore, you never know who your neighbor will be. True, the construction is good but I do not see owners selling them-- renting them, YES. -- Especially when the Russian market was strong. Now there are so many empty condos for sale there are better choices.

I've got a buddy selling his condo in VT2. He's dropped the price numerous times and still no buyers. He's priced it right where all the other condos are. Prices are definitely not increasing. You might want to find another agent.

I would advise your friend to develop a Thai attitude and learn to wait as there are few buyers in this market. You can primarily thank El Generalisimo for that(amongst a few other factors), foreign investors going elsewhere. In a few years hopefully things will change.

I would advise your friend to develop a Thai attitude and learn to wait as there are few buyers in this market. You can primarily thank El Generalisimo for that(amongst a few other factors), foreign investors going elsewhere. In a few years hopefully things will change.

They've had it up for sale for at least 2 years, with several significant price drops. It's a double unit, and on the "cool" side, high floor. No bites at all!

Unfortunately, they are spending time back in their home country more and more now, so don't really want a 2nd home here. Just use rentals from now on for shorter stays.

They've had it up for sale for at least 2 years, with several significant price drops. It's a double unit, and on the "cool" side, high floor. No bites at all!

Have they put a sign up on the building noticeboard? People do seem to look at these, not least in the hope of avoiding agents' fees. The noticeboards at Foodland/Foodmart may be a good idea also.

VT1 A/B is a shambles. Prices are dropping but you can always buy a cheap studio there because pensioners are always dying. Thai management has such every baht out of the sinking fund for personal use.

VT 2 A is in similar fashion but not as bad.

VT2B is different. It is the only 1 out of the 4 that stays the same or increases. Foreign Ex-pat oversee all decisions and hired their own management and strayed away from the builder management. Good value.

Your "friend" is full of it.

VT1 A/B is a shambles. Prices are dropping but you can always buy a cheap studio there because pensioners are always dying. Thai management has such every baht out of the sinking fund for personal use.

VT2B is different. It is the only 1 out of the 4 that stays the same or increases. Foreign Ex-pat oversee all decisions and hired their own management and strayed away from the builder management. Good value.

What dribble, all the View Talays 1 and 2, replaced the developer's management team years ago. It was the developer that depleted the sinking funds, but new foreign management righted the ship and made capital improvements such as painting all the buildings. Better get the story straight before posting inaccuracies. The View Talays mentioned are popular buildings especially for the rental market.

I used to live in VT2A from 2004 - 13

The building is well maintained due to the developers resigning in 2007 with the co-owners taking

control since then,causing the running costs to have increased threefold, with a high amount of

in house fighting between committee members and co-owners and management staff.

The current management replaced the previous a couple years back and is a shambles, with the

co-owners and committee now wanting to throw them out.

I owned 3 units during that time, i sold one in 2008 within 6months, for more than i expected to get, as 2

buyers wanted it, so one outbid the other.

The second one took about 2 years to sell, but eventually sold in 2012 for around 10% less than i expected

to get.

The 3rd one took 4 years to sell, eventually selling in 2013, and again selling for 15% less than i expected.

I can certainly say that the build quality is not better or worse than the other VT condo's, but VT3,5, 6 & 7

are still managed by the developer, which effectively keeps the co-owners harmonious between themselves,

as they have no or little input on the running of the buildings.

What dribble, all the View Talays 1 and 2, replaced the developer's management team years ago. It was the developer that depleted the sinking funds, but new foreign management righted the ship and made capital improvements such as painting all the buildings. Better get the story straight before posting inaccuracies. The View Talays mentioned are popular buildings especially for the rental market.

I lived in VT2B up until last year.

The last I had heard, the other 3 were still being managed by the developer.

What that, in actuality, shows then is even worse.

Foreign oversight and the other 3 in the conditions they are in is comical then. They look awful.

Of my friends which live in these 3 buildings, it has always been because of their location and they are cheap to rent.

Would I buy in them? No. I wouldn't even pay the 700,000 for a studio in VT1.

Thanks for all the input. Very informative.

I did not mention that my R/E Buddy is a "very optimistic and enthusiastic person" that has a tendency to Over- Exaggerate on occasion.

Just curious, I am not in the market buy anything at this time.

Cheers.

I did not mention that my R/E Buddy is a "very optimistic and enthusiastic person" that has a tendency to Over- Exaggerate on occasion.

Cheers.

That's a nice way to put it.

Very cool man thumbsup.gif

Foreign oversight and the other 3 in the conditions they are in is comical then. They look awful.

Of my friends which live in these 3 buildings, it has always been because of their location and they are cheap to rent.

You obviously heard wrong or was not listening carefully. The 2b building was built before the 2a building and the 2a building has been under foreign management for 8 years and View Talay 1 before that. Like 1a and 1b, 2a and 2b are twins so you can't knock 2a without critiquing 2b as they were both redecorated just a few years ago.

Like all View Talays they are aesthetically and architecturally lacking but unlike the new projects in Jomtien they are built like a brick shithouse. I will take substance over fluff anytime. Even View Talay 1 is livable as they are larger than the hotel size rooms being sold today. True they lack the fluff of the new projects but their home owner maintenance fees are much less and in my opinion more livable, rentable and a better value.

Edited by ThaiBob

• 3 weeks later...

You obviously heard wrong or was not listening carefully. The 2b building was built before the 2a building and the 2a building has been under foreign management for 8 years and View Talay 1 before that. Like 1a and 1b, 2a and 2b are twins so you can't knock 2a without critiquing 2b as they were both redecorated just a few years ago.

Like all View Talays they are aesthetically and architecturally lacking but unlike the new projects in Jomtien they are built like a brick shithouse. I will take substance over fluff anytime. Even View Talay 1 is livable as they are larger than the hotel size rooms being sold today. True they lack the fluff of the new projects but their home owner maintenance fees are much less and in my opinion more livable, rentable and a better value.

VT1 A/B is a great place to die in, if that is what you are looking for. I think like most people, when considering purchasing real estate, look for reasonable accommodations and a potential ROI upon placing the condo on the market. VT1 A/B are decreasing in value and are a shambles.

VT 2A is a bit better. Having to shop in any of them, VT2B is far better and ROI is solid or increasing. I suppose to each their own though.

Cheers.

They re all like that...

Do not believe a word of what this agent tell you,

I lived in v2 for one year in 2012.

Build quality? The noise from adjoining apartments was like being in the same room. People running up and down the hall ways. Extremely loud (shouting) conversations in the halls at midnight and later.

Management? No response to noise compliants by management or security.

Management farang influence? When in Rome behave as the rommens do. When they get some influence the just use it to there own advantage. Rising prices? there was initially rise in prices when farang perchaser would jack up the price and play a waiting game. It worked for the first few year but for the last 3 year no price increases. Temporary residents? Be prepared for many different friends living next door. Some will be fine many will not.

Good luck with your purchase. You will need it. Ps I moved out and my 1 year at v2 tough me a lesson in thailand. Don't expect People to behave as you would at home . Your own kind are the ones that will have you over the easiest as you trust them. Never listen to a agent. Preditory behavior is the rule not the exception.

Good luck with your purchase. You will need it. Ps I moved out and my 1 year at v2 tough me a lesson in thailand. Don't expect People to behave as you would at home . Your own kind are the ones that will have you over the easiest as you trust them. Never listen to a agent. Preditory behavior is the rule not the exception.

This is certainly true. Never trust anyone here, no matter what colour their skin is.

In my entire life (and I have lived and worked outside my native UK for 40 years) I have never met as many greedy, selfish, incompetent and downright dishonest people as I have here.