British victim of Pattaya attack receives help from Tourist Assistance Foundation

webfact

British victim of Pattaya attack receives help from Tourist Assistance Foundation

help-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday, a British man, who was the victim of a violent attack which caused him to suffer a severed ear, was given financial assistance by a Pattaya-based Foundation which offers help to Tourists who come into difficulty during their stay in Thailand.

The Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police presented Mr. Ezer aged 41 from UK with an envelope containing 6,000 Baht from the Tourist Assistance Foundation following an attack on him dating back to 21st September.

He was attacked by a Thai man who was armed with a bottle and an ashtray and following the attack he was hospitalized and required 5 stiches in his ear which cost him 5,000 Baht in hospital fees.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218422/british-victim-of-pattaya-attack-receives-help-from-tourist-assistance-foundation/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-08

There you have it, if attacked make sure the hospital costs are low. If costs exceed 10-20.000 baht no help from the foundation, unless many are overdue or never made the news.

Wonder what happened to the hospital bill of my friend whom got shot in the neck and died. Nice burning here in Pattaya he had. About 50-60 farang and 20 Thais showed up.

So he got 6000 Baht to cover 5000 Baht hospital fees. Wow !!

No responsibility there then taken by Thai tourism authority. Next ........

Back to the nanny state for you.You rekon he double dipped on insurance or maybe he didn't have any.You are responcible for yourself,number 1,others may come under your umbrella.

How are they responsible for what happened ?

Usual sympathetic response from TVF member. If they every offer you financial help you'll refuse it of course?

Hospital fees are at least real :)

As these roaches normally try and rob foriegners on the exit bill and it was well spotted by Prayuth

The Thai man got a warning and was set free I imagine. The great Thainess in full swing

How are they responsible for what happened ?

Usual sympathetic response from TVF member. If they every offer you financial help you'll refuse it of course?

1. The Thai Tourism Board payed money to cover the hospital bill. Even that they are not responsible for the victims injuries. Goodwill at its best.

2. "If they every offer you financial help you'll refuse it of course?" No logic at all here. Why should I refuse help? I appreciate the help I can get - not for that reason I demand help.

I was sure that someone was going to make a smartass comment about the fact that the attacker was 'armed with an ashtray', but I see nothing, so OK, I'll be the smartass on this one :

When will Thai authorities finally declare a ban on ashtrays ?

Why are ashtrays sold in this country to anybody who is willing to purchase one, without any proper control ?

How come the ashtray lobby is so strong that nothing ever gets done to bring about the necessary changes into the Thai ashtray-legislation ?

Edited by Yann55

A truly unpleasant experience, but was his medical treatment not covered by his Insurance ?

coffee1.gif Sounds like Thailand's version of a Criminal Injuries Compensation Board in some civilized worlds funded by surcharging fines to compensate for the sometrimes "unpleasant experience" and has FA to do with tourism.

The complainant has to prove that being where they happened to be was their only fault, and that's whether or not they were sporting their best tie and shirt on the occasion.

jebus those were expensive stitches.

A friend had a whoopsie on his scoot about 3 weeks ago and opened his head up pretty good. needed 19 stitches to repair.

cost him Bt.3300 at Pattaya memorial.

Edited by Don Mega

jebus those were expensive stitches.

A friend had a whoopsie on his scoot about 3 weeks ago and opened his head up pretty good. needed 19 stitches to repair.

cost him Bt.3300 at Pattaya memorial.

It was probably 500 baht for the consultation and stitches and 4,500 baht for the paracetamol.

1. The Thai Tourism Board payed money to cover the hospital bill. Even that they are not responsible for the victims injuries. Goodwill at its best.

2. "If they every offer you financial help you'll refuse it of course?" No logic at all here. Why should I refuse help? I appreciate the help I can get - not for that reason I demand help.

What is the Thai Tourism Board, do you mean the TAT? That authority had nothing to do with this payment. The compensation was paid by an independent Pattaya organisation, the Tourist Assistance Foundation.

A truly unpleasant experience, but was his medical treatment not covered by his Insurance ?

I would hazard to guess that the majority of us ex-pats who live here full time have not taken out insurance coverage, in Thailand for health and or death,