Eyebrow Threading--where To Go?

mistified

never seen threading done in bkk. there are many places around who will wax or pluck them for you.

i got mine done by a lovely ladyboy the other week, and she shaved them! my goodness! (funny thing is i let her do it - ive been here way way too long i think)

i got mine done by a lovely ladyboy the other week, and she shaved them! my goodness! (funny thing is i let her do it - ive been here way way too long i think)

SHAVED??? Not sure where I read this before, but I heard that eyebrows once shaved won't grow back. Is it true?

Guardian

SHAVED??? Not sure where I read this before, but I heard that eyebrows once shaved won't grow back. Is it true?

Guardian

If that was true most Thai men would be walking around without eyebrows, so no it is not true. :o

Guardian

If that was true most Thai men would be walking around without eyebrows, so no it is not true. :D

:o:D Should have searched first. There seems a lot of sites dealing with shaving eyebrows. Just remember where I read it. Remember "Ask Annie" in the Outlook section of Bangkok Post. Someone had written about a prank a few roommates played on him/her by shaving of his/her eyebrow/eyelash when that person was asleep. And to this, she replies that it was a cruel joke and that people should not play around with something that would NEVER grow back. Never bothered to check the facts.

Guardian

Guardian

If that was true most Thai men would be walking around without eyebrows, so no it is not true. :o

Very true :D

My husband had his eyebrows shaved when he became a monk and his eyebrows grew back. But that was a one time thing. Come to think of it, tho, his uncle was a monk for many years and he still has eyebrows.

You can try my wife's shop "Squeeze Me Nail Spa" in Soi Phi Pat, Silom. She's behind me now saying "Yes, we do that".

As I mentioned before - ask for Gay (my missus) or Cocoa (her sister) and say "ThaiVisa" to get a 20% discount.

Mick

(apologies for blatent advertising - it's that or the cold shoulder tonight)

• 9 months later...
thanks for the answeres, guys. :D

i'll try sukhumvit 5 when i get a chance and will report back here!

Would be great if there is any update Mistified? How did you get on and where did you go after?

After so many friends from London recommended eyebrow threading, I had mine done for the first time in Little India in Singapore. Awesome - would totally recommend it and it was so cheap compared to London prices! I thought it was WAY better than waxing or plucking and Wow.... the ladies were experts!

The Beauty Salon was chockablock full of Indian women having facial/cheek hair and moustaches "threaded" :D . I felt quite indigent when the lady suggested I had my "moustache" done... :D What moustache???? :D

ANyway, I thought what the hel_l, in for a penny in for a pound. Result - TOTALLY FAB! Even though I would never have thought I had a moustache!! My b/f killed himself laughing when I told him the story :bah:

Seriously, my eyebrows were amazing and she had given them a great shape and the procedure was interesting too. (Can you tell how excited I was! :o )

So, I was thinking of checking out Pahurat (sp?) area for any Indian Beauty Salons to "thread 'em again"... Does anybody have any experience of Pahurat?

Also interested if anyone else has had eyebrow threading done and how was your experience?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to share and if anyone fancies giving it a go..... Today, I had my eyebrows threaded for the bargain price of 60bt!!!!

Recommendation came via a friend of a friend who is Indian. The owner of the Salon (Pinky) is Indian - I called first to check out things. She reassured me her two Thai staff who work there are very experienced at this. "Too right" - I am very impressed! :o

If you haven't had threading done before, why not give it a go. IMHO, I think it's much more accurate than waxing and you get a really nice shape! But hey that is just what I think!

If you fancy giving it a go... the name of the place is "Koobsurat", located on the ground floor of Sukhumvit Plaza (Korean Town precint), close to Sukhumvit Soi 12. It's right at the back facing the elevators. The nearest skytrain is Asok.

Pinky - Owner who speaks English is on Tel No: 081 338 6051, the Salon is 02 252 5353. Hope this might be useful to you gals (and guys!) :D

If any of you ladies are in my neck of the woods, (Chaiyaphum), my wife would be happy to thread your eyebrows or any other undesirable hair. She worked in a salon in Bahrain for 6 years and was 'threading' on a daily basis. We hope to get a decent salon up and running in the future but for now it's done in the living room!

If any of you ladies are in my neck of the woods, (Chaiyaphum), my wife would be happy to thread your eyebrows or any other undesirable hair. She worked in a salon in Bahrain for 6 years and was 'threading' on a daily basis. We hope to get a decent salon up and running in the future but for now it's done in the living room!

Chaiyaphum :o ??? can you put the address,pls?

Mere Male I am, but have to ask "What is Eyebrow Threading"

Thanks for the replies ladies

lol, :o

It's taking off(pull out) the hair with a thread,ok! This method mostly used by the (Indians and Arabs) women .

an alternative would be my workshop. i have among different tools pliers, disc grinders, welding equipment and guarantee that not a single hair and hair root will survive.

:o

an alternative would be my workshop. i have among different tools pliers, disc grinders, welding equipment and guarantee that not a single hair and hair root will survive.

nor a head by the sound of it

Dr. you're very scary! Ladies aren't as hairy as men, you know. Take it easy........

Dr. you're very scary! Ladies aren't as hairy as men, you know. Take it easy........

i thought i could render a service. BUT IF YOU PEOPLE DON'T LIKE ME WHY NOT TELLING ME STRAIGHT IN MY FACE instead of beating around the bush?

:D

Mere Male I am, but have to ask "What is Eyebrow Threading"

Thanks for the replies ladies

Sorry Bronco, am not always online! :D

Dr Nam sounds like he has got it sussed - NOT - with pliers etc :D Not sure I would enter your salon/shed(!) Dr Nam :D

Anyway, Bronco, if you wanna check out another couple of explanations of threading:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyebrow_threading

http://www.thingsasian.com/stories-photos/2679

There was a YouTube Video I saw when I was first investigating theading but no longer accessible in Thailand.... :o

I would totally recommend it, I think it is far less painful than waxing, you get a lovely shape, very quick and painless!

Although I would agree with ZaZa, it is done mainly by Indian and Arabic women (and men), I think nowadays it is becoming increasingly popular with others too. A lot of my friends in London swear by it, but as you would expect - the cost there is well expensive!

I am a total convert! Apologies if my "zeal" for threading shines through! :D

Edited by Andiamo

Eyebrow and upper-lip threading is the finest way of having all those unwanted hair removed and there's no comparison to shaving or puckling. Threading leaves your eyebrows and upper-lips (moustache) looking really neat! I'm based in Phuket and know how to thread very well. I wish I could find someone who could do it for me. Anyway if any ladies in Phuket are interested, you can contact me through this post. :o

I don't want to split hairs, excuse the pun, but I can assure you some women are more hairier than men. Take it from a man that knows. References can be provided on appointment.

Edited by coventry

• 3 months later...
You can try my wife's shop "Squeeze Me Nail Spa" in Soi Phi Pat, Silom. She's behind me now saying "Yes, we do that".

As I mentioned before - ask for Gay (my missus) or Cocoa (her sister) and say "ThaiVisa" to get a 20% discount.

Mick

(apologies for blatent advertising - it's that or the cold shoulder tonight)

Just to share and if anyone fancies giving it a go..... Today, I had my eyebrows threaded for the bargain price of 60bt!!!!

Recommendation came via a friend of a friend who is Indian. The owner of the Salon (Pinky) is Indian - I called first to check out things. She reassured me her two Thai staff who work there are very experienced at this. "Too right" - I am very impressed! :o

If you haven't had threading done before, why not give it a go. IMHO, I think it's much more accurate than waxing and you get a really nice shape! But hey that is just what I think!

If you fancy giving it a go... the name of the place is "Koobsurat", located on the ground floor of Sukhumvit Plaza (Korean Town precint), close to Sukhumvit Soi 12. It's right at the back facing the elevators. The nearest skytrain is Asok.

Pinky - Owner who speaks English is on Tel No: 081 338 6051, the Salon is 02 252 5353. Hope this might be useful to you gals (and guys!) :D

Thanks for the info, Mick & Andiamo! Will check when I'm in Bkk.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone,

after googling for many hours on a quest to get nice eyebrows in BKK, i came across this forum. I now have perfect eyebrows :o I went Squeeze Me Nail Spa in silom. They did a great job.

Thanks!