The numbing down of America

webfact

Chuck, you have confirmed my statement - carrying guns is not an unfettered constitutional right and the SCOTUS decision confirms that restrictions are constitutional.

And Rice, you have confirmed my point also. States have the power to control gun ownership.

Most sane people around the world (and in the US) believe gun ownership in the US should be a great deal more controlled.

Then what laws do you propose to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals in society?

How about some laws to get those people taking anti-depressants on a list to be provided to the authorities? Would you propose they be involuntarily institutionalized if they pose a threat to society?

All most of the gun control adherents want to do is take the guns from law abiding citizens, and they aren't the threat.

Edit in:

I have confirmed nothing. What the previous poster said and your original response were without the caveats you have now provided. You claimed he was not allowed by the Constitution to carry a gun...end of story.

"Unfettered" was not in the conversation until the last rewrite of your response.

Edited by chuckd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pointless arguing and I gave up long ago trying. American gun "nuts" have a psychological investment in the myths of gun culture so complete that no logic or reason can penetrate. It is like arguing the existence of "God". You can tell them this country that country, this many deaths, that many deaths, facts make no difference except only to compel them to hold fast to ideological orthodoxy. The answer is always more guns.

Sent by a series of tubes via Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

Pointless arguing and I gave up long ago trying. American gun "nuts" have a psychological investment in the myths of gun culture so complete that no logic or reason can penetrate. It is like arguing the existence of "God". You can tell them this country that country, this many deaths, that many deaths, facts make no difference except only to compel them to hold fast to ideological orthodoxy. The answer is always more guns.

Sent by a series of tubes via Tapatalk

You're right. Given the millions of deaths around the world the caused directly by the US we shouldn't be so concerned that they are unable to take simple measures to reduce the 30,000 odd of their own killed every year by guns.