I Got Retirement Visa Thks To Thai Visa

:D Hi i will be big 50 next August and i am married to a thai national and i would like to no what i need to be able to retire to thailand.My company pension allows me to stop working at 50 in England

.Will be buying house in thailand for me and misses.If someone can tell me what visa i require as it all seems a bit of a jungle

:o

:D Hi i will be big 50 next August and i am married to a thai national and i would like to no what i need to be able to retire to thailand.My company pension allows me to stop working at 50 in England

.Will be buying house in thailand for me and misses.If someone can tell me what visa i require as it all seems a bit of a jungle

:o

You can get a long term visa based on marriage by showing a pension/income of over 40k per month.

You can also next year when you are 50 years old, show 800K in a bank account (funds in the account for three months) or a pension of 65k per month and get a extension of stay based on retirement.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You can get a long term visa based on marriage by showing a pension/income of over 40k per month.

You can also next year when you are 50 years old, show 800K in a bank account (funds in the account for three months) or a pension of 65k per month and get a extension of stay based on retirement.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

This whole situation is baffliong the hel_l out of me. I am:

over 50

married to a Thai national

have a type O expiring in January

My wife checked with immigration in Sriracha about extending my visa. She was told we needed:

800k in the bank

medical form

proof of monthly income

I can comply but it is very confusing.

Guess I'll go to Pattaya.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

This whole situation is baffliong the hel_l out of me. I am:

over 50

married to a Thai national

have a type O expiring in January

My wife checked with immigration in Sriracha about extending my visa. She was told we needed:

800k in the bank

medical form

proof of monthly income

You are over 50. You qualify the same as Binnsy will next August when he turns 50 years old. You only need 800K (deposit in a Thai bank for 3 months) or pension of 65K per month ( or combination of both.. Example 400K and 32K pension). You do not need a medical certificate. The problem is many of the Immigration officers are confused and are making others confused as well.

Here are the guidelines.

http://www.lawyer.th.com/National_Police_O...er_Oct_2006.pdf

Look at 7.21 Retirement

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Armed with the printout of members post (Express Lane to Retirement Visa in Pattya) I then proceede with:

Step 1 get medical certificate (Phayathai Hosp. #1 charged three hundred baht.

Step 2 get letter from U.S.Embassy for declaration of income, must be at least 65.000 baht.

Step 3 this is where i got fouled up you must have money in Thai Bank no matter what your monthly income from pension but it is okay to have only 1000 baht in bank if you satisfy 65000 baht income requirement.

Step 4 get letter from bank guaranteeing money in bank (Siam Commercial Bank) charged 200 baht for letter saying you have thousand baht in bank.

Step 5 you need to have 2 copies of your passbook page showing name and account and 2 copies of the balance page.

Step 6 fill out form TM. 8.

Step 7 fill out TM.7

Step 8 take forms to immigration you will also need 2 passport photos and pay 1900 baht for form TM.8 and 2000 baht for TM. 7. good luck should not be a problem if you get all the neccessary documentation.

Ok, Here is another one for Sunbelt:

I am 58..I have a number of Executive Pensions the first of which I took at the age of 50 which is only B8,000/month, but as regards the lump sum attached to it, I have invested in the Thai Stock exchange where I have around B2 million invested. This also gives good dividends.

Previously I have had business and Marriage Visas, and the Immigration Officer insisted on B200,00 in a Thai Bank. However, at that time they would not accept the money invested in the SET. As they now accept evidence of dividends, does this extend to the acceptance of over B800,000 invested in the SET? It would seem logical, but T.I.T rules OK.

Currently I work abroad on 70 day/20 day rotation, so I let the other visas lapse due to the hassle, and the fact I cannot get to immigration during the long process. In December I may wish to go for a retirement Visa.

I remember being in Thai Immigration when an Ex-Pat in front of me was being interviewed along with his Thai Wife. He had a load of papers with him and thought he had it made. They rejected him on the basis that his B400,000 was not in a Thai Bank, I assume this may have been HSBC?

I believe that HSBC accounts in Thailand are not acceptable as Thai Banks, is this the case now?

If so perhaps we can set up a monthly transfer of B65,000/month to our Bangkok Bank account from the HSBC account, then transfer it back in a permanent loop. Surely this counts as a transfer from a Foreign Bank account. Sounds like a possible "Loop" hole?

Currently my Pension comes in to my HSBC Bank Account.......but does this count as far as Thai Immigration is concerned, under the new rules?

Also to make my point clear...My Pension [With Profits] Fund is invested by myself in the Thai Stock Exchange, the dividends from this are part of my current pension...will they accept this?

Edited by Estrada