You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Gecko's

happynthailand

in all my years in Thailand I have never seen or heard off the
Tokay Gecko laying eggs that were stuck to the wall,there are about 20/25 eggs stuck to the wall behind the cabinet,with the big male an the smaller female guarding them,can't wait to see all the little tokay gecko,running around on the wall.the two Gecko's have been living in the wife's shop for about 2 years now,she's been leaving food out for them
post-156436-0-40409600-1444390878_thumb.
post-156436-0-98022300-1444390920_thumb.
post-156436-0-39028500-1444390956_thumb.

Very cool!

My 7 year old daughter has been saving jinjoke eggs we disturb while house cleaning for years now and "protects " them until they hatch.

We have never been lucky enough to watch any Tokays hatch.

Please post some more photos when these hatch if you can.

20 -25 Eggs ???

According to this http://www.eol.org/pages/794412/overview they only lay 1-2 eggs, so I think you have more then 1 thumbsup.gif

Females lay clutches of one or two hard shelled eggs which are guarded until they hatch.

Edit: Another google search came up with this

Usually, a female Tokay lays a clutch of 2 eggs. However, don’t be surprised to see 2 to 3 clutches of eggs (4 to 6 eggs) in your Tokay’s tank.

Link: http://tokaygeckoguide.com/tag/tokay-gecko-eggs/

And that link also has this to say

The eggs are usually glued on the surface where it was laid and it is almost impossible to remove them without damaging the eggs.

A "clutch" is a group of eggs so maybe not just 2 or 3 eggs

• 6 months later...

Lovely picture I currently own tokeys myself and have 2 clutches from the same pair one seems to be a couple months earlier, and unfortunately after the second clutch I lost my female I am very discouraged the eggs will actually make it now I can pull one set out because the female laid them in their cave the other are behind it between the cave and glass, scared to move the cave for this reason I've read if the mom is there she will handle all the incubating process but if the Mom isn't there the eggs will probly perish unless self incubated. Does anyone have a way to remove these eggs off glass without killing the embryos? Something I found cool about these guys too is even if the male dies or leaves aslong as you've had one clutch the female can still lay fertile eggs

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Archived