Army unit helps Isaan folk find 'correct political understanding'

Lite Beer

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai army manipulating the ordinary majority of Thais by "helping" them to "correctly" understand the political situation. Thi is a shame for Thailand. Taking advantage of the poor by undue influence.

Some red shirts did need to be educated regarding democracy. They had the idea that democracy involved preventing the opposing party from campaigning in their ridings. They did this by throwing rocks, bricks, potted plants (seriously), home made bombs etc., they used trucks with loud speakers to drown out politicians during rallies. Clearly those people had a misunderstanding of how democracy should work. The PDRC, on the other hand merely blocked access to voting booths which is a much more democratic way to behave. Truth is, most Thais don't understand real democracy, because they have never experienced it.

wow, ...

The PDRC behaved more democratically than the red shirts?

just wow.

you are surely not from a democratic country, are you?

oh, and btw, this bit,

Truth is, most Thais don't understand real democracy, because they have never experienced it.

is just condescending tripe...

Having lived in Isaan for 10 years I can tell you factually that most Isaan people are very poorly educated. These people are only concerned with what happens in their own little village. They rarely read anything f value to learn of the world around them unless you consider Thai Rath (newspaper) a real source and not the gossip rag that it is. The teachers I've met (many) are so poorly qualified they should not be in the position which most have PAID for as they are only interested in how much money they can get from the government. Students are not taught to think just memorize. Copying from one another their assignments. Plagerism even in the so called higher education institutions is rampant as is paying someone to do your assignment. The primary interest for both students and teachers is the current Thai soap opera and of course the social media gossip crap.

Not much has changed up this way since my first visit in 1970. I would suspect the army will have it's work cut out for itself. I wish them lots of luck.

It seems many of you conveniently forget the red shirt villages with their education centres where anyone against them were afraid to speak out. It will be interesting to actually get a first hand account from someone who has been to one of the army meetings.

What the he!! has that got to do with what's happening today?? Don't you junta lovers see that everything the junta does is not excused by the existence of the bogeyman in Dubai?? When you were a kid and broke a window did your mother buy the argument that "Somchai did it first so it's OK"?

I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right but none of us here have any idea of what goes on at the army meetings. It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta. I don't have one in my closet but I do believe Mr T & his henchmen robbed the country blind at much higher levels than previously seen in this country.

"I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right..."

Actually, that's exactly what you did.

" It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta."

One of many, Thailand is full of them. But at least the previous bogeymen were elected.

They both seen as bad as one another. I don't think Thaksin was elected in the last election, or the one before that depending how you're counting.

The army started off OK by stopping the violence but they seem to have missed the opportunity to improve things after that. Unless we're just not understanding it of course.

What the he!! has that got to do with what's happening today?? Don't you junta lovers see that everything the junta does is not excused by the existence of the bogeyman in Dubai?? When you were a kid and broke a window did your mother buy the argument that "Somchai did it first so it's OK"?

I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right but none of us here have any idea of what goes on at the army meetings. It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta. I don't have one in my closet but I do believe Mr T & his henchmen robbed the country blind at much higher levels than previously seen in this country.

"I don't claim 2 wrongs make a right..."

Actually, that's exactly what you did.

" It is quite obvious your bogeyman is the junta."

One of many, Thailand is full of them. But at least the previous bogeymen were elected.

They both seen as bad as one another. I don't think Thaksin was elected in the last election, or the one before that depending how you're counting.

The army started off OK by stopping the violence but they seem to have missed the opportunity to improve things after that. Unless we're just not understanding it of course.

" I don't think Thaksin was elected in the last election, or the one before that depending how you're counting."

The international community disagrees with you, but maybe you have some information they don't have?

Thai army manipulating the ordinary majority of Thais by "helping" them to "correctly" understand the political situation. Thi is a shame for Thailand. Taking advantage of the poor by undue influence.

Funny statement when you consider politicians have been doing this for years!

Not really a problem when all sides are doing it, then the plebs cn pick and choose which lies they like.

I think you'll find Thaksin didn't stand for election since he wasn't in the country. PTP won the election which was largely backed by international organisations and excepted by the other parties. It was Thaksin's control of the party for his own purposes that caused the problems.

This and other misuse of democracy that needs to be explained to everyone, not just those in Isaan. I can't see the army being able to explain anything of any use judging by their recent behaviour though.

Is this any different to what the various Thaksin parties have done over the last 15 years? Each side is trying to tell the voters that their way is the best way. It's called politics.

Uh, are you trying to write a press release or do you not really understand the difference between a political party and the army?

Being elected is fair but abusing the trust and not looking after the people who elected you isn't fair.