Perception of an English teacher dating ladyboys

Lots of lbs in thailand, doesnt mean its accepted. look at the comments on this thread. its a pretty good sample of how ignorant people will judge u, even though u like this person and she is a good person.

In saying, I think its going to be this way in any ctry with Thailand being better. I think it is how secure you are and how u let it affect u.

There are many professional and nice ladyboys. However, bc of a lot of their actions and promiscuity this gives them a bad name and rightfully so.

I think this is bc society does not accept and their lives are very hard. So, what do/can they do.. Sell their body..

If you really are not a dirtbag and not dating prostitutes. Live your life, keep it personal, be strong, stay at one school and gain respect. U might change some opinions on "the type of person that dates a lb"..

The world is changing but not very fast.. In thailand ( and most parts of the world), if u wear a suit, clean cut, pretty wife, have a labrador, 4 door sedan, and play the role. everything is good..

This is my opinion and hope it helps. im sure there will be many negative comments

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English teacher in my son's school was sacked after he was spotted regularly by pupils sitting outside his house drinking beer after school.

Now if you married the ladyboy it would probably ok.

Marry?

How would that be achieved?

Thailand does not allow or recognise same sex marriage.

Gays and transexuals are married in temple ceremonies every day in Thailand. For Thai's that is the 'real' marraige, not the official registration with the government, which many straight Thais don't even bother with. If he were to have the temple ceremony the relationship would be considered valid by most and he likely wouldn't have a problem. If the OP wants to 'date' different ladyboys every weekend he might not last long

English teacher in my son's school was sacked after he was spotted regularly by pupils sitting outside his house drinking beer after school.

Now if you married the ladyboy it would probably ok.

Marry?

How would that be achieved?

Thailand does not allow or recognise same sex marriage.

Gays and transexuals are married in temple ceremonies every day in Thailand. For Thai's that is the 'real' marraige, not the official registration with the government, which many straight Thais don't even bother with. If he were to have the temple ceremony the relationship would be considered valid by most and he likely wouldn't have a problem. If the OP wants to 'date' different ladyboys every weekend he might not last long

Wouldn't look good for the OP to marry weekly then......facepalm.gif

The way I see it, he's planning to "date his ladyboys" in his room/ house/ apartment near the school?

There'll be a lot f "Na Haas", if you continue doing so. Na Haa.wink.png

Edited by lostinisaan

Lots of lbs in thailand, doesnt mean its accepted. look at the comments on this thread. its a pretty good sample of how ignorant people will judge u, even though u like this person and she is a good person.

In saying, I think its going to be this way in any ctry with Thailand being better. I think it is how secure you are and how u let it affect u.

There are many professional and nice ladyboys. However, bc of a lot of their actions and promiscuity this gives them a bad name and rightfully so.

I think this is bc society does not accept and their lives are very hard. So, what do/can they do.. Sell their body..

If you really are not a dirtbag and not dating prostitutes. Live your life, keep it personal, be strong, stay at one school and gain respect. U might change some opinions on "the type of person that dates a lb"..

The world is changing but not very fast.. In thailand ( and most parts of the world), if u wear a suit, clean cut, pretty wife, have a labrador, 4 door sedan, and play the role. everything is good..

This is my opinion and hope it helps. im sure there will be many negative comments

Excellent Comment, and I like your mindset....., a lot of people could learn from someone like you, probably me included..,but i do try to be open and undestanding as possible..

I am sure this thread is a troll post, i mean come on, who in their right mind would think that flaunting transvestites in front of a school where he is a teacher would not cause concern?

I will tell you straight, if i found someone like you was teaching my son then i would be very concerned to say the least.

I am sure this thread is a troll post, i mean come on, who in their right mind would think that flaunting transvestites in front of a school where he is a teacher would not cause concern?

I will tell you straight, if i found someone like you was teaching my son then i would be very concerned to say the least.

What does anyone's sexuality have to do with their teaching ability? One of the thai teachers who interviewed me for this job was a very effeminate guy who was quite clearly gay.

Please read my post. I never said that I would be flaunting it. I was asking about Thai people's perceptions if they ever found out.

This is not a troll post!

Dum dum

What does anyone's sexuality have to do with their teaching ability? One of the thai teachers who interviewed me for this job was a very effeminate guy who was quite clearly gay.

Please read my post. I never said that I would be flaunting it. I was asking about Thai people's perceptions if they ever found out.

This is not a troll post!

Ever heard about the couple David and Annie?

"I will tell you straight, if i found someone like you was teaching my son then i would be very concerned to say the least."

you must be pretty stressed out and concerned if u are living in thailand.. its so sad that there are people like u that know nothing about a person or how good they are but can sit there and think they are not good enough for you or your family. These people are human beings just like u and me.

The poster was asking an pretty legit question considering this is thaivisa..

"I will tell you straight, if i found someone like you was teaching my son then i would be very concerned to say the leas

t."

you must be pretty stressed out and concerned if u are living in thailand.. its so sad that there are people like u that know nothing about a person or how good they are but can sit there and think they are not good enough for you or your family. These people are human beings just like u and me.

These people may be "humans" but they are not like me!

"I will tell you straight, if i found someone like you was teaching my son then i would be very concerned to say the leas

t."

Pray tell me what the difference is, ??? we are all humans, and we are all different ?? and we all deserve ''RESPECT''...

2 gay TEFLing boyfriends were living with a LB in my old town. 3some, the 2 Western partners (teachers) and their one ladyboy partner.

Newcastle, Thailand ain't.

coffee1.gif

Bit of a Gossip are we, you seem to know a lot about them and there private lives ?? hanging about there door were we ??

oh well, whatever rocks your boat....

t."

Pray tell me what the difference is, ??? we are all humans, and we are all different ?? and we all deserve ''RESPECT''...

Some "differences" are best avoided!

2 gay TEFLing boyfriends were living with a LB in my old town. 3some, the 2 Western partners (teachers) and their one ladyboy partner.

Newcastle, Thailand ain't.

coffee1.gif

Bit of a Gossip are we, you seem to know a lot about them and there private lives ?? hanging about there door were we ??

oh well, whatever rocks your boat....

Not really 'hanging about their door', but we lived in the same condo building, so would often meet at the pool when all the Thais were still hiding from the Sun. :)

Any farang with a katoey in tow will draw snickers. Ladyboys in general draw snickers from Thai.

Just perpetuating stereotype of crazy farang in Thailand for all wrong reasons.

As for this being known to faculty and especially students, is pretty crazy.

If you are doing this, neigh even asking you are pretty much someone that doesn't belong in a classroom.

Best thing Thailand could do for teaching is to dump all the crazy foreign homosexuals that bring their head trips, schemes, parental issues and asstd baggage here with them.

No, sorry... your life was a mess back home because of you. We don't need or want you here and certainly you don't get a fresh start here by stabbing serious teachers in the back while you lay plans to take over HoD.

Off to Pattaya for you and have fun. Classroom around kids no place for you. Poor judgement.

I'm also certain if you're asking this you have no degree. It's just not a smart person question.

Any farang with a katoey in tow will draw snickers. Ladyboys in general draw snickers from Thai.

If you are doing this, neigh even asking you are pretty much someone that doesn't belong in a classroom.

Best thing Thailand could do for teaching is to dump all the crazy foreign homosexuals that bring their head trips, schemes, parental issues and asstd baggage here with them.

No, sorry... your life was a mess back home because of you. We don't need or want you here and certainly you don't get a fresh start here by stabbing serious teachers in the back while you lay plans to take over HoD.

Off to Pattaya for you and have fun. Classroom around kids no place for you. Poor judgement.

I'm also certain if you're asking this you have no degree. It's just not a smart person question.

Seriously? What are you talking about? You are jumping to a lot of incorrect conclusions.

You sound like a narrow minded old man.

Dum dum

As said keep your business private.

However, I would not want a "teacher" , who frequents the underworld , teaching children of mine!

Did your employer require a full disclosure of any past convictions?

'who frequents the underworld'

what rubbish ! since when are ladyboys considered underworld ?

who knows what a teacher does in his private life !! as long as he is a professional at his job and teaches as he is suppose to then that's fine. They keep work separate from leisure.

I'm sure you weren't squeaky clean in your youth. whistling.gif

Edited by steven100

I have had 3 kids at schools in Thailand and if I knew their farang teacher was dating ladyboys, I'd probably complain to the school.

I'm not homophobic but these people are suffering from a mental disorder, which is in the DSM VII, an anyone dating them probably is too.

I have had 3 kids at schools in Thailand and if I knew their farang teacher was dating ladyboys, I'd probably complain to the school.

I'm not homophobic but these people are suffering from a mental disorder, which is in the DSM VII, an anyone dating them probably is too.

judgmental dum dum. I guess you are a perfect example of the the human species?

and you'd probably end up being the laughing stock of the school.......cheesy.gif

and you'd probably end up being the laughing stock of the school.......cheesy.gif

I'd bet anything that you two have no children, especially sons. Do you?

Genuine question: What would you think the chances are that your kids were never taught by a teacher who had at least experimented with a ladyboy?

With 30 years experience you are probably ideally placed to offer some insight to the OP and the rest of us - have you ever worked at a school with a teacher that was known to have a penchant for ladyboys? If not, would that be because the school would not employ a teacher if they knew he had such a preference? If yes - what was the reaction of the school towards that teacher?

Thanks.

Genuine question: What would you think the chances are that your kids were never taught by a teacher who had at least experimented with a ladyboy?

With 30 years experience you are probably ideally placed to offer some insight to the OP and the rest of us - have you ever worked at a school with a teacher that was known to have a penchant for ladyboys? If not, would that be because the school would not employ a teacher if they knew he had such a preference? If yes - what was the reaction of the school towards that teacher?

Thanks.

Most teachers I have known that have had experience with lbs have by mistake.

When my kids were young, ie around 1990, most schools would take ANY farang as a NEP. Things have changed a lot since then. i'm sure my kids have been taught by a teacher who has experimented with a lb. I'm sure my kids have been taught by a teacher who was an alcoholic/drug addict or some sexual deviancy. It was just the way it was back then in the TEFL business.

I've had many gay colleagues but none that were dating lbs. I know there is a big difference. gay is a normal sexual preference. Ladyboys are mentally sick, according to the medical experts. A teacher doing this in Thailand is frowned upon and they would be fired if they were a farang for sure.

judgmental dum dum. I guess you are a perfect example of the the human species?

He probably isn't perfect and neither am I but we have the right to determine who teaches our kids.

I am not homophobic either but I will not have homosexuality rammed down my throat at every opportunity and certainly do not want my son taught by one who has to ask the question how he thinks he will be viewed if he is seen walking down the soi holding hands with a transvestite LOL