Yamaha R3

soihok

Thanks.

I committed to buying one for my brother in law

after taxes, fees, registration etc, it was right about 210k out the door at the dealer.... my buddy bought one recently and i went with him.

great bike, i really enjoyed test riding it, and it looks fantastic, gets a lot of attention because people arent used to seeing it.

100% go with the black.... looks WAY better than the blue or red schemes... their 2tone setup doesnt compliment the bike..... the black looks very classy.

Thanks for the replies.

Deposit down one today - from Korat Yamaha - in Black = 185,000 with free insurance, tax and registration.

Just need to pay the balance then its on the road.

Cheers !!!!

(a bit of a snap decision, only thought about buying one on Saturday night after a few pints of Guinness thumbsup.gif)

My everyday bike is a Yamaha MT-09 ABS.

The R3 is a bit of a gift for my brother in law.

I will get to try it out when I get back home in March.

Looks like a great little bike, the road tests in Fast Bikes magazine are good and good value for money. Especially with the extra costs thrown it too.

Thanks for all your comments and advise.

Cheer's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Eventually got home and tried the bike out.

Lovely looking bike, a bit small for my 90 kilos (yes, I have lost about 6 kilos without trying).

Nice handling and brakes. Brother in law is a happy guy.

As I am more used to riding my MT-09, its no wonder I found the bike under powered, but it was OK for the roads I was on.

After an hour in the saddle my right wrist was going to sleep (as it pins and needles asleep).

Guess I am getting old.

I rented one for a month and got bored with it towards the end but a great bike in it's class, pretty refined, better then the cbr300

I did chiangmai to mukdahan in one day on it and it held up great

Why did you get bored of it? Have you come from a bigger bike or something?

JAF

Craved more power in the end and a more supersports riding position, keep in mind i was maxing it out all the time too

Anyone with experience on this and the Ninja 300? I know the R3 is actually closer to 320 cc. Does the extra bit of engine make it a better choice over the Ninja?

I owned the ninga 300 in Australia to get me through my restricted moto license period, its a good bike but i think the R3 has it beat slightly, has more top end power and it didnt need as much wringing it's neck to pass at high speed on the highway. Also it has handy things like gear position indicator and shift light which can be great for new riders

Edited by Jdiddy