No More Annual Medical Cert For Retirement Visa ?

Does anybody know if this is true? It's the first I've heard of it, but there are so many active threads in this forum, maybe I missed it?

Under the sub-heading "The so called retirement visa," the second paragraph concludes:

"The old regulation, however, that you must produce an annual medical certificate for this visa has been withdrawn."

Would that mean you would still need it for the FIRST extension based on retirement?

Also, there was a post a while back saying there would a new rule effective 1 October saying you would have to show that you have at least 400K in your bank account 90 days BEFORE applying for an extension. (And then obviously over 800K at the application time if qualifying based on bank account).

I find that appalling. I understand the intent to prevent people playing games with short term inflows and outflows, but still, how would that be enforced/documented? Is this really true????? If this is true, another example of the every foreigner being seen as a suspect rather than a guest.

Edited by Thaiquila