Airport Parking

anto

The Airport now charge B200 a day for a car parking .Is there a cheaper way ?.Could I park at Airport Plaza Shopping Mall ?,or would my car be clamped ?.Its an old Nissan NV so I am not too worried about security .It would be for 3 days ,2 nights .

Edited by anto

Wow. 200 Baht a day. Thats less than £4 UK money and youre looking for a cheaper option? You cant even drop off at a UK airport for less than £5 these days !!

Irelevant ,as i used to pay 9 euro a day near Dublin Airport 12 years ago ,but i am now in Thailand on a Thailand wage stream .It jumped from B100 to B200 in one year here at Chiang mai Airport parking .

Ever heard of a Taxi or Tuk Tuk ?

From Sansai ,where i live to the Airport is B300 there and B300 back ,so i save nothing and would have to endure dangerous driving in a lot of cases.Thanks for your really helpful comment though .Anyway and especially due to poster ''S ''comment about a scarcity of parking at the Airport ,I am going to get my wife to drive me there and then take the car home.'-)

Edited by anto

Wow. 200 Baht a day. Thats less than £4 UK money and youre looking for a cheaper option? You cant even drop off at a UK airport for less than £5 these days !!

Irelevant ,as i used to pay 9 euro a day near Dublin Airport 12 years ago ,but i am now in Thailand on a Thailand wage stream .It jumped from B100 to B200 in one year here at Chiang mai Airport parking .

Indeed. Next somebody will be informing us of what it costs to park at the airport in Dubai, or Switzerland. I've given up understanding what these people are thinking with. :-/

I think we all know how much 200฿ is in £ (pounds), € (euros) and $ (dollars). We also know 200฿ is 2/3 of the daily minimum wage; do you want to pay 2/3 of the daily minimum wage to park at the airport in your home country? Anto, thanks for informing us about the increase and sorry that I don't have any ideas of where to park.

Edited by kanook

Indeed. Next somebody will be informing us of what it costs to park at the airport in Dubai, or Switzerland. I've given up understanding what these people are thinking with. :-/

So sorry if you dont understand. Its quite simple really. 200 baht is really really cheap to park your car 50 metres from an airport terminal for 24 hours so cant work out what the fuss is about. As the OP has already stated two way in a taxi would be 600 baht so airport parking in Chiang Mai costs less than taxis. THATS my point. OK ??!!

I think we all know how much 200฿ is in £ (pounds), € (euros) and $ (dollars). We also know 200฿ is 2/3 of the daily minimum wage; do you want to pay 2/3 of the daily minimum wage to park at the airport in your home country?

But its not our "Home Country" is it, because everybody on here are expats therefore not on the minimum wage of Thailand !!! Yours in exasparation to these pedantic folk !!

>>As the OP has already stated two way in a taxi would be 600 baht so airport parking in Chiang Mai costs less than taxis<<

Only because i live in a Suburb on the other side of town .There is a new start up bus from the Arcade bus station to the Airport for B15 every 40 min .that is another option for me .

Maybe you don't, but many of us have friends and relatives that earn minimum or close to minimum wage and we actually like to think about their situation as well.

Something tells me that most people on minimum wage would not care about the price for leaving your car overnight at the airport, as few have a car let alone going on 3 day trips by plane.

Maybe you don't, but many of us have friends and relatives that earn minimum or close to minimum wage and we actually like to think about their situation as well.

So the reason not to pay 200 baht a day at the airport is out of some kind of sympathetic loyalty to people on the minimum wage?! Best excuse I ever heard. Heres an idea, if you have these noble sympathies, why not go out of your residence and just give away all your money beyond 300 baht a day to passing strangers?