Transfer money out of Thailand

Yeah, they want to have taxes on your money. That's why you need a work permit or foreign exchange transaction form (FET) when you brought the money into the country. 10kTHB seems a bit ridiculous low, should be 10kUS$. But you could always withdraw it or buy bitcoins. Be a bit creative smile.png

P.S. Sorry, you wrote 10kUS$. Then they are correct about it. You need to provide proof where the money came from and if earned TH that it was taxed.

Edited by MadMac

Yes, it's not easy to move money out of here. It's kind of a one-way street :) Even with a work-permit, jesus they make you jump hoops and then rip you off with transaction costs and a shit exchange rate

Some better solutions (not very good ones I'm afraid):

1. Bring cash when you visit home - When I go on holiday to Europe I exchange all extra THB to EUR at Superrich and bring the cash with me to deposit in my bank account in Europe.

2. Swap - Another way is to swap with friends that want THB and can give you USD/EUR/GBP whatever i.e. you give them Thai baht, they transfer USD to you US bank account.

3. PayPal - Haven't tried this one yet, but I think it should be possible to fill up a PayPal account with money from a Thai account, then send it to another PayPal account in your name in another country/currency. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the amounts allowed will probably be small. PayPal takes money laundering very very seriously.

I'm still waiting for the day that TransferWise will allow me to send funds from Thailand to Europe.....

I have not done this myself, but what about traveller's cheques ? There is presumably an upper limit on the amount, and frequency you can buy them at the same institution; maybe others can advise on that.

And what about Western Union, and Moneygram ? I don't know if they allow you to send money to yourself or not. And again, there must be some limits on amount and frequency.

Whatever you eventually find, please come back here and advise us all.

Just buy bitcoins. Can't be easier.

Transfer between 2 currencies using BitCoins is rather expensive, about 3% in the cases I saw.

Also you have low ceiling on the amount of BitCoins you can buy from Baht per day.

So just an option for small amounts, or emergency (I think)

I only bring in the amount of money in Thailand that I'm going to use.If I worked in Thailand and wanted to send that money out I

Would do like these other post talk about.

If you have a WP sending money out is not an issue, certainly under "family support"