Selling scrap gold jewlerry 9ct to 22ct

Hello,

Has anyone had any success on getting good spot prices on scrap rings and jewelry anywhere here?
I have my own acid test kit so I'm pretty sure of purity, but expect scrutiny.

If anyone is interested, let me know, please.

Thank you!

I imagine that if ya take it to Bangkok,Chinatown Yaraophat Rd some of those gold shops will buy it from you.But your not going to get big money from 9.I'm not sure if that it's even 50%.Um they'll give you A fair price for the 22.Cause 23 is 96.5% pure.

All you can do it take it there and see what they offer you for it.

for 9 karat to 14 karat, don't expect to get big money : they will charge you a lot on melting down & refining costs. As in Thailand they are not used to sell a lot of gold jewelry with less than 96.5 content ( Thai Gold). And even when selling Thai Gold, you get charged something like 600-800 THB per Baht Weight, on refining costs in most places, when they classify the jewellery you turn in as "visibly used".

You can try to get a good price at the Bangkok Assay Office on Charoeng Khrung, if you have a bulk amount of scrap jewelry. They have the laboratory equipment needed to melt your bulk, and define the exact content of pure Gold (by the 1000 part) within your molten block by radiospectrometry. This then serves as the base of payment, minus the costs for the processing

Edited by crazygreg44

Even in England 9 carat gold did not hold much value.

When my grandfather died I inherited his 60 year old 9 carat gold wedding ring. Had it valued for insurance purposes at a jewellers, it was valued at 25 quid. So I keep it as a memory of my grandfather, but it has no investment value

Unless jewellery has status as an antique, a rarity collectors item or has precious stones attached with it, then going into the second hand gold or silver business is not worth the effort.

I have sold silver and silver/gold mix to this company in Germany (sent by mail from both Sweden and Thailand) and so far I believe that I got the best rate from them, at least it was WAY better than the offered rate on silver in Sweden and in Thailand I have not found anyone that is interested of buying scrap silver. And another good thing is the fact that what they pay is based on chemical analysis after smelting the scrap, the first time I did sell to them I got payed for silver, gold and platinum as the lot contained about 5kg silver, 3g gold and 1g platinum according to the chemical analyse (and I had no idea that there was more than some gold plated silver in the lot)!

http://www.precious-metal-services.com/