which is the Best condo in Bangkok?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I said I would never live here. But I have for a few months now.

I did the AIrbnb thing last year to narrow down where I wanted to be.

Oh Nut (I hated it a crowded smelly place), Ekkamai, Asoke, Ratchadamri, Silom, etc. I wanted to get a fell for several areas.

The problem with some of them for me is there is nothing around. I like to have things close. Go to Starbucks in the morning, get foot massages, have banks near, ATM's close, have numerous bars and restaurants close, BTS close, 7-11, markets, clubs, and yes take a lady from time to time.

So, I decided on Nana and absolutely love it. I am in an older building, but my Condo had been totally renovated prior to me moving in. New air con, kitchen, floors, frig, bed, high def TV. Everything brand new. There are a lot of families here, Farang and Thai. My room is on a high floor and faces toward Soi 8, away from any noise and very quiet.

I am totally happy here no complaints. Everything is very close and convenient.

I guess some others must think Nana is OK, since they are selling 30 million b Condos at the Nana station off Soi 6.

Anyway, to each their own I am so glad I am here. It is never boring which is what I like.

Edited by bkk6060

Oh Nut (I hated it a crowded smelly place), Ekkamai, Asoke, Ratchadamri, Silom, etc. I wanted to get a fell for several areas.

The problem with some of them for me is there is nothing around. I like to have things close. Go to Starbucks in the morning, get foot massages, have banks near, ATM's close, have numerous bars and restaurants close, BTS close, 7-11, markets, clubs, and yes take a lady from time to time.

So, I decided on Nana and absolutely love it. I am in an older building, but my Condo had been totally renovated prior to me moving in. New air con, kitchen, floors, frig, bed, high def TV. Everything brand new. There are a lot of families here, Farang and Thai. My room is on a high floor and faces toward Soi 8, away from any noise and very quiet.

I guess some others must think Nana is OK, since they are selling 30 million b Condos at the Nana station off Soi 6.

Anyway, to each their own I am so glad I am here. It is never boring which is what I like.

Unfortunetly they are not selling :)

Unfortunetly they are not selling smile.png

I am not surprised. I went in there the other day and the lady said they have sold a few. But that is the common answer you get in these places. They sure have been slow with the construction. .

I recently happened to visit Phrakanong for a few days…struck me as a very cool place with its own bts station….no tourists…slightly laid back local vibe….15 min tops to Asok BTS….i am guessing 30k would go a long way there.

Its coming on quite well down there, I own a unit thats rented out in Le Rak condo for 20k for about 48m2 never have trouble renting it out though they have built right next door to it

• 2 weeks later...

I have no interest in this place as I am from the USA and renting here.

But, if you want to get a good price on a Condo at The Base, I think now is the time.

I have gotten to know a few of the sales staff here. They told me many Thai people cannot make their "final payment" and their property will be back on the market.

I have spoken negatively in the past about buying here ( in Pattaya). If I was younger I would seriously consider this place, but I am too old so I will not. But I think this place, The Base, has potential. The location is great and the builder Sansiri is a quality company. After spending several weeks here, I think it is much better then Centric.

Buy a place and put it on Airbnb or another online broker and I think you can make decent money.

Edited by bkk6060

i value space and only older buildings have bigger units. I am looking at older buildings like President Park (good facilities but somehow blocked view) and DS Tower 1 (open view - greenery). any TVers stayed at these two places?

i value space and only older buildings have bigger units. I am looking at older buildings like President Park (good facilities but somehow blocked view) and DS Tower 1 (open view - greenery). any TVers stayed at these two places?

Both are over 800m from the BTS.

President Park is old but good unit size. It has a long and chaotic history. If you are thinking of buying and are the type to get involved in Committee's and the running of the Condominium i would stay well away from PP.

President Park is old but good unit size. It has a long and chaotic history. If you are thinking of buying and are the type to get involved in Committee's and the running of the Condominium i would stay well away from PP.

A common problem in condo projects with substantial commercial space.

There are some things around there, but I guess it all depends on your desires and lifestyle.

Why do you want to be there? To save money or ???

I live in Nana area because I want to wake up and walk to a coffee place/breakfast, later a lunch place, restaurant, bar, massage, ladies, movies, malls, medical care (Bumragrad).

That is one big reason I came here so that I could have all the things within walking and close by.

If you like similar and I guess if you don't mind driving or taking MRT to meet your some of your requirements, that place may be OK.

Edited by bkk6060

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/21/2015 at 1:13 PM, luk AJ said:
On 10/19/2015 at 6:28 AM, " said:

'The River' condos are small and overpriced and the Common Fee/ Community Charge is high I believe. All Raimon Land Condo developments have high Common Fees/ Monthly Maintenance Fees. Further it will be under Water in 10 years !

Small? Many sizes available. My condo is 130m2. Common fee 70 thb/m2/month. This is high but the expenses to run the 5 swimming pools, lights, boat etc are high. Overprised maybe yes, depends how you look at it. As investment not the best choice but to live in is excellent. Fastest elevators in BKK, sound proof condo, double glass etc...very safe excellent security, enough parking space. Under water in 10 years? Maybe in 100 yes. There are a lot of issues whith the juristic drpartment but I have no idea if this is more or less compared with other condo's in Bangkok.

Fast elevators in Bangkok and 8 sec wait for the doors to open .:post-4641-1156694572::post-4641-1156694572:

On 7/24/2016 at 10:45 AM, 13morris said:

Nana is now a dirty place, with Too much noise and traffic, and the arab have colonized the place.

Not where I live and go.  But I guess your comment is an example of how mostly everybody hates everybody else.  If it is not the Arabs: It is The Germans, The Russians, The Brits, The Chinese, The Thais, on and on.  Good luck  to anyone wanting to be with their own special people in Thailand.