Streaming Radio

Retired2

There must be a logical explanation as to why I am no longer able to hear my favorite radio stations

from the USA. One station (non-commercial) does work, so I am confident that my software is

working properly.

I have TOT Gold Cyber with an average speed of 34 KB/sec. I am using Windows XP and Firefox.

We are beginning to think that this is a government policy thing, but have been unable to find

the regulation or policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, we are located near Rayong.

How about some links to the stations you have problems with so we can test them with other ISPs in Thailand?

Can you listen to this American station okay?

Radio Paradise

I find it one station that always works but then l am only using the lowest streaming rate from the speeds available. From time to time l do find some other stations l listen to unavailable, mainly in the middle of the day. I'll sometimes get the message that the server is busy, then later in the day it comes back on-line. Sometimes unplugging your modem for 10 minutes and connecting anew can help.

TOT Cyber Gold might have blocked or reduced the speed you can download from the stations you listen to. Have you tried asking them? If the stations are transmitting at 64 or 128 then having it on all day would mean you are using a lot of bandwidth. Somebody at TOT Cyber Gold might think you're downloading P2P and cut back on the download speed rendering it useless. I doubt it has anything to do with the government as the BBC and other news stations work okay.

There must be a logical explanation as to why I am no longer able to hear my favorite radio stations

from the USA. One station (non-commercial) does work, so I am confident that my software is

working properly.

I have TOT Gold Cyber with an average speed of 34 KB/sec. I am using Windows XP and Firefox.

We are beginning to think that this is a government policy thing, but have been unable to find

the regulation or policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, we are located near Rayong.

I am in Chiang Mai, but I have found this also to be true. I listen to KCRW (PBS) out of Santa Monica California and it comes in great. But I go to the NPR.org site and it buffers plays then buffers again. My guess is some peer to peer and some are using mae east and or mae west. Peer to Peer is always best, it just depends alot on how traffic is routed on the net. I am lucky, my favorite station is fast and there is no problems but many of my second best choices are not worth the hassel. Tell me what station you listen to and I will see if I get it here no problem. That at least would tell you if its a thailand thing or just your provider.

Good information so far and I really appreciate it.

Here is the site that I have problems with. The second one on the list will play fine.

I really want to use the KBOI link because of the local news and football.

Also, I try to be mindful and not leave it running when I am not actually in front of

the computer listening to it.

http://www.surfmusic.de/country/idaho.html

4bgb6u1.jpg

KBOI plays in my browser without a problem. The speed is not that of a high quality streaming music station, no music when l listened only current affairs so the bandwidth used shouldn't be a problem.

2ur8s43.jpg

I notice that the second station in that link, KBSU, has a RealPlayer icon where the others have a Windows Media Player icon. Even though l have both l could only listen to KBSU by going to their homepage and clicking on the live link there, then no problem playing it with Real Player, listening to some nice classical music from there as l type. :o Maybe you could go to the KBOI homepage and try listening from there.

Just wondered if the key for retired2 is the word 'football'. Many stations can't stream sports as they only have the local rights to broadcast the game - eg try listening to live football, cricket or formula 1 on the BBC