Used BMW 730 ?

ChaangNoi

If the car has a low number of KMs will that help make up for it's age?

Only if you can ignore the fact that E65s have inherent problems.

I might be willing to risk it as I won't be putting much miles on the car. I have an old truck I use for long distance travel.

If the car has a low number of KMs will that help make up for it's age?

Only if you can ignore the fact that E65s have inherent problems.

I might be willing to risk it as I won't be putting much miles on the car. I have an old truck I use for long distance travel.

not really worth the risk, my car only has around 50,000 km when the transmission issue came up. But if you still insist, the car is comfortable and easy to drive ...

A neighbour of mine had a black E65 7 series, lovely car and had it for years without any major issues. I guess he was lucky.

For that size of car I'd be tempted by an A8 of the same age. Just spotted a nice looking 2003 A6 Quattro going for 320k on one2car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT again but I'd love to find a decent 330i here, around 2010. That would pretty much be my perfect car

A poster here a number of years ago had a 330. He has some electrical problems associated with the gearbox. Cost something like 130K to fix.

There are a number of 330's on the one2car.com for around a million baht or so. Why so cheap? e.g 2008 model for less than a million.

OT again but I'd love to find a decent 330i here, around 2010. That would pretty much be my perfect car

A poster here a number of years ago had a 330. He has some electrical problems associated with the gearbox. Cost something like 130K to fix.

There are a number of 330's on the one2car.com for around a million baht or so. Why so cheap? e.g 2008 model for less than a million.

I think you answered your own question :)

I think you answered your own question smile.png

There's a bmw garage/wrecker's yardlaugh.png near my place. There's an assortment of BMW's always parked there in various states of disrepair. More worrying is the number of later model cars parked there too. Car's like BMW / Benz seem to be better getting rid of after 5 years /free service/warranty period is up. my wife's niece has an sporty looking 5 series...she seems to have a lot of problems with it and it doesn't look so sporty when on the back of a truck:)

I think you answered your own question smile.png

There's a bmw garage/wrecker's yardlaugh.png near my place. There's an assortment of BMW's always parked there in various states of disrepair. More worrying is the number of later model cars parked there too. Car's like BMW / Benz seem to be better getting rid of after 5 years /free service/warranty period is up. my wife's niece has an sporty looking 5 series...she seems to have a lot of problems with it and it doesn't look so sporty when on the back of a truck:)

Please can you give the location of this garage /wreckers yard.

A neighbour of mine had a black E65 7 series, lovely car and had it for years without any major issues. I guess he was lucky.

For that size of car I'd be tempted by an A8 of the same age. Just spotted a nice looking 2003 A6 Quattro going for 320k on one2car

Maybe the OP should look for a black one then!

At the same price anyone would be daft not to consider an A8 of the same age. There won't be any though.

That "Quattro" is a Thai dealer's idea of a Quattro, i.e. it's an ordinary A6

I really have very little knowledge of imported vehicles. A friend of mine has a Benz and he never tires of bragging on it. The cost of the just a routine service would definitely gag me. Lack of dealerships and parts put me entirely off imported vehicles.

I have bought 4 new Thai built vehicles and now would never buy any vehicle except a new one. I learned that hard lesson by buying a second hand 4 door, 4X4 Toyota pickup. No more second hand lemons for me.

You will soon forget the new car price premium but you will never forget lack of dependability and having all sorts of problems. Maybe there could be problems with a new vehicle but all 4 of the ones I bought new have had no problems at all.

Buying an old Thai built beater is a different story as long as you know its history. Somchai's small road side garage will be able to repair any part of the vehicle unless it has been seriously damaged in an accident. Vehicles that have had serious damage in an accident are never the same again.

Vehicles that have had serious damage in an accident are never the same again.

Great post. There's a very good argument to just buy a new Thai made car.

My wife totalled our Civic and to my amazement it wasn't classed a writeoff- Honda rebuilt it. The car had a new front subframe and never felt the same, or safe, so I asked her to get shot of it... sold very quickly even tho she was honest about the accident... Where else wd you get half your money back after five years with an accident repaired car?

Myself always liked the 635 + 645 Ci, never seen one of these old ones here.. again to me the older BMW and Benz look a lot better, the E class 124 look far better than anything newer.......... followed a BMW X6 yesterday what a ugly thing that is

At least with something old, it will not be in for a recall. even Toyota had to recall 10 million car earlier this year, and now they have to recall another 6.5 million cars up to 10 years old with power windows failures that could burst into fire and be life threatening.

Archived