British expat found dead in his Phuket home after three day no-show at work

webfact

hmmmm ...... what medicine was near the sofa ? where was his mobile & wallet ? where was his thai gf ?

too many suspicious gaps .... 51 years old is not a dying age .... if he was in his 70's yes .. but not 50's.

My best friend, 6'4'', semi-athletic, not over-weight, 42 years old, keels over after church on a Sunday morning and died on the spot. Cardiac arrhythmia. It happens.

When your button get's pushed, it's time to go. Age is irrelevant. The future in uncertain.

I try to avoid commenting but I could not resist on this. Have a look at the top 10 Cause of death in the world stats from WHO, I did. No where can I find death by Thai GF on the list. Yet you dullards who choose to be here consistently harp back to the same subject. Please please go home -if you need a lone for the ticket (one way of course) I am sure there are loads of us who do not normally bother to comment who would chip in.

Now I know your tired old fingers are itching to hit the key board and star trolling me but before you do you should remember one thing, your thoughts and ideas are so limited and of such little importance that I really do not care.

Have a great day

I understand what you are trying to say and the point you are trying to get across - but your figures are a nonsense comparison.

#1 Your figures show WORLD WIDE STATS from WHO on natural deaths.

#2 Your figures do not show Thailand specific deaths from various sources.

#3 Your figures do not show Thailand specific deaths from "un" natural causes eg outside or third party influence.

It's like using stats on the UK birth rate to compare with the Brazilian GDP rate or whatever non specific stats you wish to use.

Maybe you could care "just enough" to get your stats right and then your argument would be valid. Just saying .....smile.png

hmmmm ...... what medicine was near the sofa ? where was his mobile & wallet ? where was his thai gf ?

too many suspicious gaps .... 51 years old is not a dying age .... if he was in his 70's yes .. but not 50's.

My best friend, 6'4'', semi-athletic, not over-weight, 42 years old, keels over after church on a Sunday morning and died on the spot. Cardiac arrhythmia. It happens.

When your button get's pushed, it's time to go. Age is irrelevant. The future in uncertain.

I honesty would have thought you'd be pretty safe after being at church ..... not so ..crying.gif

I try to avoid commenting but I could not resist on this. Have a look at the top 10 Cause of death in the world stats from WHO, I did. No where can I find death by Thai GF on the list. Yet you dullards who choose to be here consistently harp back to the same subject. Please please go home -if you need a lone for the ticket (one way of course) I am sure there are loads of us who do not normally bother to comment who would chip in.

Now I know your tired old fingers are itching to hit the key board and star trolling me but before you do you should remember one thing, your thoughts and ideas are so limited and of such little importance that I really do not care.

Have a great day

Perfectly stated. Thank you Trexpat. wai2.gif

Its not perfectly stated at all, its a poorly thought out and ridiculous example. How does posting a chart of the top 10 causes of global death relate to the phenomena in Thailand of girlfriends having their boyfriends and husbands bumped off?

Any sensible person would know that it would not show on this chart. I will briefly explain why for you. Thailand has around 70 million people, the whole world 7 billion so Thailand only has 1% of the global population. Now consider how many people are murdered under the above circumstances and it should be pretty obvious to everyone it could never appear in the top 10 causes of global death.

i would say that it is an issue in Thailand judging purely by the amount of times i have read about suspicious deaths here where a family member is suspected. By the way, deaths by poor safety standards does not appear in the top 10 global causes of death either but i suppose you would consider no improvement needed there?

As I said before, I won't lose any sleep over this but I do consider myself informed and i will be cautious about who i chose as a partner. Both of you can trudge on blindly pretending this issue does not exist and good luck to you...

You did notice that murder and being the victim of 'collateral damage' (think: Hellcat Missile), or for that matter actually being the intended target, in the overly numerous "hot-zones" and war-zones around the world aren't listed on the chart. Violent death around the globe is an ugly fact. Guess we need a different chart, imho. ermm.gif

Edited by connda

A proper sherlock Holmes you are eh?.

R.I.P.

He ain't no SH, just a bored individual with no other outlet for his fantasies and skewed opinions.

As has been posted here previously, and by myself on other and similar threads, this poor man's family and friends may well be reading this very thread in the hope of finding new and relevant information.

Please show some restraint when posting you're mindless and irrelevant musings, they are neither interesting or funny and contribute nothing to the dialogue surrounding this tragic event.

Commiserations and condolences to his family and friends...

Unfortunately, being Politically Correct is not one of my personalty traits. I, like many others, will probably never alter our opinions because the victim's family might stumble onto this forum. I assume that they are grown individuals who can separate the wheat from the chafe. If not.....

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death................ is being unable to delete your Internet search history..............coffee1.gif

Incognito and Private Window are your friends, if you can close your browser before you expire.

Myself personally? If I'm dead, why would I care. Lol biggrin.png

Have a great day

I understand what you are trying to say and the point you are trying to get across - but your figures are a nonsense comparison.

#1 Your figures show WORLD WIDE STATS from WHO on natural deaths.

#2 Your figures do not show Thailand specific deaths from various sources.

#3 Your figures do not show Thailand specific deaths from "un" natural causes eg outside or third party influence.

It's like using stats on the UK birth rate to compare with the Brazilian GDP rate or whatever non specific stats you wish to use.

Maybe you could care "just enough" to get your stats right and then your argument would be valid. Just saying .....smile.png

There are lies, da*m lies, and Statistics!

I honesty would have thought you'd be pretty safe after being at church ..... not so ..crying.gif

Sad in a very ironic, dark-humor sorta way. I miss him like the brother he was. He was a heck of a guy.

I actually believe the report.

Dying on the sofa at home of a heart attack at age 50 ..... entirely credible.

Now if he had reportedly died of a heart attack while on a zipline in Chiang Mai .... that would be different.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

drinks large amounts of alcohol BINGO!!!!! number one killer in Southeast Asia.and large amounts of foreign crap food ,KFC chicken, etc.

Sorry, but the demographics tell a different story. Many foreigners drop dead from heart attacks, The characteristics of these people include;

- smoking

- obesity

- pre-existing health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, pulmonary disease

- high consumption of alcohol

Thailands resorts attract foreigners with the above characteristics. It's a concentration of high risk people. As a result, when these folks die it skews the numbers.

Have a great day

The WHO gets more money from private pharma and

related industry sources than from governments...

"In the past decade the WHO, in order to boost funds at its disposal entered into what it calls "public private partnerships." Instead of receiving its funds solely from member United Nations governments as its original purpose had been, WHO today receives almost double its normal UN budget in the form of grants and financial support from private industry. The industry? The very drug and vaccine makers who benefit from decisions like the June 2009 H1N1 Pandemic emergency declaration. As the main financiers of the WHO bureaucracy, naturally the Pharma Mafia and their friends receive what has been called "open door red carpet treatment" in Geneva"

Sorry bud, I trust the statistics from WHO as much as waiting for a loan/ticket back home from fellows(nothing personal) in this forum...by the way, there are many cases of expats getting done in by their gfs or wives...if the deaths by Thai gfs/wives were shown as part of expat-deaths statistics in Thailand; it would probably show-up as one of the leading causes of death here.

A proper sherlock Holmes you are eh?.

R.I.P.

He ain't no SH, just a bored individual with no other outlet for his fantasies and skewed opinions.

As has been posted here previously, and by myself on other and similar threads, this poor man's family and friends may well be reading this very thread in the hope of finding new and relevant information.

Please show some restraint when posting you're mindless and irrelevant musings, they are neither interesting or funny and contribute nothing to the dialogue surrounding this tragic event.

Commiserations and condolences to his family and friends...

Unfortunately, being Politically Correct is not one of my personalty traits. I, like many others, will probably never alter our opinions because the victim's family might stumble onto this forum. I assume that they are grown individuals who can separate the wheat from the chafe. If not.....

Not being politically correct is in itself no big deal, unfortunately when you couple it with a lack of empaphy, sesitivity and compassion, through in some self centred arrogance what are you left with?

Most probably a sad and lonely old expat, living out the last years of his frugal life in a country where although it is cheap, he isn't that happy.

I'm sure that in you're small and insular world my comments will matter nothing to you.

If not.....

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death................ is being unable to delete your Internet search history..............coffee1.gif

Sorry but you can't delete your internet history, dead or alive. Google owns your life and there's nothing you can do.

Anyway RIP.

It is rare that a murder victim is unrelated to the perp, worldwide. That does not make every Thai woman and her brother a suspect, since a relationship of some sort is the global norm in murder cases.

The cops here may be inept, but there is only one thing more boring than the sensible blokes suggesting the tinfoil hat brigade go home, and that's the tinfoil hat brigade insistence that every farang death is a murder plot.

Poor man likely died of terminal boredom reading yet one more of you jokers tinfoil hat murder theories. You'd think this is the only country in the world where people get offed. I bet you a cemetery plot, Thai on Thai murders absolutely put Farang on Thai murders in the shade.

PS : I've unfollowed, don't give a shit what you think...

It is rare that a murder victim is unrelated to the perp, worldwide. That does not make every Thai woman and her brother a suspect, since a relationship of some sort is the global norm in murder cases.

The cops here may be inept, but there is only one thing more boring than the sensible blokes suggesting the tinfoil hat brigade go home, and that's the tinfoil hat brigade insistence that every farang death is a murder plot.

Poor man likely died of terminal boredom reading yet one more of you jokers tinfoil hat murder theories. You'd think this is the only country in the world where people get offed. I bet you a cemetery plot, Thai on Thai murders absolutely put Farang on Thai murders in the shade.

PS : I've unfollowed, don't give a shit what you think...

"It is rare that a murder victim is unrelated to the perp, worldwide. That does not make every Thai woman and her brother a suspect, since a relationship of some sort is the global norm in murder cases." - true, but when police are called to a deceased person, shouldn't EVERY possibilty be considered, and EVERYONE considered a suspect, until EVIDENCE proves different????

That said, we have a lack of proper investigation into said "Thai women and their brother" in relation to deceased expats.

Sure, they can't all be murders, but they also can't ALL be suicides and natural causes.

Some are getting away with murder - literally.