KTM New prices and new dealer?

RidgeRunner

A few months ago, KTM Thailand announced new prices for their smaller bikes that are made in India.

About 100,000Bt savings on the 200 and 390.

Right after that announcement, I read that Kunka, the local dealer, lost the franchise.

Just wondering if there is any news?

I see a nice 690 Enduro for sale but apprehensive about service and spares.

Edited by RidgeRunner

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I imported a U.S. Spec 2015 KTM 690 Enduro R a while back. I needed service (bike will not idle) and took it to the existing KTM dealer who wanted to charge me for all work performed. Considering the bike has less than 30 miles I was extremely aggravated. They advised that a new authorized dealer would be opening soon. I emailed KTM in Austria and they told me the new dealer is indeed an authorized dealer/service center who will perform factory warranty service. I stopped by the new location back in January but it was still under construction. I can say from the exterior the new dealership looks like the real deal. Much nicer than the existing KTM dealer. I plan to drop the bike off in the next few weeks for warranty service. I will let you know how it goes. Apparently the owner is planning to open a whole new KTM distribution network within Thailand. I pasted a bangkok post new article below detailing the new ownership. Exciting times for Thai KTM owners if everything is as advertised.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
Quote Bangkok Post

Their new flagship store on Rama 4 is near my neighborhood in Bangkok, might walk over one day and have a look.

Ref the article in BP :

Burn Rubber will import KTM motorcycles with engines below 390cc from Malaysia with an import tariff of between zero and 10% and bigger engine models from Austria with a tariff of 30%.

One post Edited - Forum Rule - 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

I saw a new KTM dealer on South Pattaya road the other day.

i heard they didnt have any bikes in yet, but that was a couple weeks ago.... could have something now... might cruise over and take a look when im bored, its very close to me.

hope they have a service department.... the operation over at the current dealer (sukhimvit) doesnt exactly give me a confident feeling.... seem kind of shady.... like quoting the OLD higher prices to interested parties despite the new lower prices being announced months ago.

Kunka Corp is still a official Thai KTM dealer, they only lost the status of being KTM Distributor for Thailand. Still the new Thai KTM distributor setup is not completely without Kunka, they now have Indian Bajaj Auto as partner and KTM Sportmotorcycle GmbH as minor partner…

My Bad. I will take another look at the forum rules.

One post Edited - Forum Rule - 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Same here. I live on Soi 16 and really hope the new dealer works out. I could practically push my bike to the shop if I had to..lol

Side note on the 690 Enduro. Mine has less than 30 miles and i've been stranded on the side of the road at least 5 times. Googled my problem and its a very common issue on these bikes... Failed fuel pumps directly from the factory. Hope the new dealer can get me squared away. Still love the bike but a little frustrated at this point.

Their new flagship store on Rama 4 is near my neighborhood in Bangkok, might walk over one day and have a look.

Ref the article in BP :

Burn Rubber will import KTM motorcycles with engines below 390cc from Malaysia with an import tariff of between zero and 10% and bigger engine models from Austria with a tariff of 30%.

Hello guys.

Now, here's a fool who had to sell my KTM here in Sweden..so im looking for a new in Thailand.. "yes i looked if to import the bike but the cost wow"

Do any of you know if there is any Ktm enduro 690 r for sale in Thailand even a second hand would be alright..??

Thanks

KTM has come a long way and makes some right tasty bikes now ...think the RC8 they brought out a few years back is a great example of what they can do. However, information as to models, pricing etc. is hard to find for Thailand ...okay not one of their biggest markets but it seems to be a bit of a shambles at the moment. Come on KTM get yer act together.

Went to the new dealer a few days ago. Seems to be a nice shop. Mostly street bikes with a small selection of dirt bikes on display. Service seems to be good and the hourly service charges arent too bad. I will try to check listed prices when I pick up my bike in a few days... Was told my 15 690 enduro r has a bad fuel filter ($80) with only 6 miles on the clock. Funny thing is I have a 10 year old Yamaha still running on its original filter. A little skeptical at this point.

I may have a nice low mileage 2015 690 enduro r for sale real soon..lol j/k

Went to the new dealer a few days ago. Seems to be a nice shop. Mostly street bikes with a small selection of dirt bikes on display. Service seems to be good and the hourly service charges arent too bad. I will try to check listed prices when I pick up my bike in a few days... Was told my 15 690 enduro r has a bad fuel filter ($80) with only 6 miles on the clock. Funny thing is I have a 10 year old Yamaha still running on its original filter. A little skeptical at this point.

I may have a nice low mileage 2015 690 enduro r for sale real soon..lol j/k

Yes please check the prices, I'm mostly interested in smaller bikes for driving arround town, would really appreciate it!