New car tax to be effective in Thailand next January

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that seems fair, get a non- eco friendly car pay extra 200k, get a eco friendly car pay less 15k...

Costs and tax's are getting on par with western countries yet salary are not

I do't know about western countries but the annual tax on my daimler in Singapore was S$6000 and that was 25 years agoo

Amazing Thailand more taxes on cars that pollute yet nothing is done about all the plastic and rubber that is burnt every day in every village in the kingdom which in turn turns the areas into toxic zones, there is not a day goes by when I can smell the burning of plastic and rubber that is more deadly than most car fumes !

Utter idiots the vehicle market is collapsing and they are increasing the prices of vehicles (as reported a few days ago). As soon as the vehicle market collapse they will spend billions to stimulate it again. Its like shooting someone and then reviving the person to poison the same person just as he/she is recovering. They are clueless and will ruin this country. The loss in GDP since the protests started in 2013 is now double the rice scheme costs.

Whatever dude, its Friday and iv got 8 ice cold Changs in the fridge and some positive energy.

ill come back to you when they all gone smile.png

Hope the Chang is in the new green bottles. Many shops/restaurants etc are still selling old stock in brown bottles.

I prefer the old brown got a couple left then it's onto pastures new

Wow.

The previous rebate scheme has damaged the car industry for years to come, then they add this double whammy on top.

Say goodbye to more car factories.

Are there any affordable eco cars? Well, they will be relatively affordable compared to the newly expensive regular cars.

Pickups change slightly. Regular cars change a lot!

Boy they sure know how to kill an industry. Kick it when its down. The economy is in rough shape and this will only hasten its demise. The part that makes me laugh as how this will help clean up pollution yeah sure. Try cracking down on all these oil burning tuk tuks first. Bring in a workable bus service not this Mickey Mouse red truck proposal. Set up a diesel testing station where people must get their pollution checked every 2 years no pass no license plate. Try tackling the scrub burning here in the hills of Chiang Mai first now that would impress the H out of me.

kelboy, on 16 Oct 2015 - 10:46, said:snapback.png

So 200000 more for a new pick up,well done.no more new cars for me.
that is just what the car market needs....not

while the price of pickup trucks will rise by about 10,000 baht.

What is a large car if a e.g Ford Ranger Pick-Up is not one of them +200,000thb

Politicians everywhere have failed to learn, "You do not tax into prosperity" !! All they know is more tax !! I do not know if they even give a break to farmers who need a pick-up truck, not like the city slickers who like to roar around in one or thouse used for commercial delivery in town.

Oh well !!

I think pickups should go up 200,000 if some cars are going up that much, not just 10,000. Every truck I've been behind belches think clouds of particulate matter because they're too cheap to install filters. That's worse for your health that CO2 emissions and part of what causes all the white buildings to be stained in soot. Live by a highway here and you can see where the filthy air from diesel vehicles comes in and stains your wall, and your lungs.

It would also discourage the "mine is bigger" mentality" where even city dweller who've never seen an unpacked road wants the biggest, heaviest, most destructive vehicle in case they're involved in an accident. "Screw the family in the Honda City, they should have had a 3/4 ton truck if they wants to survive".

Most of the points I wanted to mention have already been covered above. The only one I'm still pondering is where people use most of their monthly income to get a car to keep up with the Joneses, and if suddenly they have to find tax each year of this scale that they can ill afford, they could end up in a mafia loan scenario and lose the car, farm, or both. There are a lot of unpaid for cars on the road these days.

or take that one step further what if a contract were entered into this year but the sale concluded next year on a 2015 plate wild trak

guess i best ask a dealer when i get back

do dealerships here offer incentives on year model end of year like they do in oz, i spoke with a dealer a few weeks ago and the best i could get out of him was a few freebies, would not budge on price

anyone recommend a good ford dealership or are they all much the same?

Whatever dude, its Friday and iv got 8 ice cold Changs in the fridge and some positive energy.

ill come back to you when they all gone smile.png

Hope the Chang is in the new green bottles. Many shops/restaurants etc are still selling old stock in brown bottles.

I prefer the old brown got a couple left then it's onto pastures new

Me too.

My friend wrote to Chang giving them what for. " How can you sell me something for 8 yrs to which I now love and look forward to drinking each day to find you just change the recipe". "It now tastes like the can with the cigarette butt in it". Gold cans to light gold and brown glass to green maybe completely changed how it's made.

I must say I think it's a very addictive beer. I'm off for a Sam Mig.

I think pickups should go up 200,000 if some cars are going up that much, not just 10,000. Every truck I've been behind belches think clouds of particulate matter because they're too cheap to install filters. That's worse for your health that CO2 emissions and part of what causes all the white buildings to be stained in soot. Live by a highway here and you can see where the filthy air from diesel vehicles comes in and stains your wall, and your lungs.

It would also discourage the "mine is bigger" mentality" where even city dweller who've never seen an unpacked road wants the biggest, heaviest, most destructive vehicle in case they're involved in an accident. "Screw the family in the Honda City, they should have had a 3/4 ton truck if they wants to survive".

So you think pickups should be heavily penalised because trucks belch clouds of particulate matter.

all righty then.

Carbon tax my eye,,, as if this money is going anywhere near carbon tax issues, it'll go towards

offsetting the rice pledge's huge losses and buying a submarine or two, the government is not

getting enough revenues from other means so they come with new ideas how to get more money...

...and don't forget...into government employee pockets.