Scottish breakfast in Bangkok

scotsmarc

What about kippers you can get them here, three times the price but can still get them, I know one supermarket what dose them and one restaurant never had them here but always used to have them in the uk

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Where can you buy kippers here?

Just love kippers from Whitby.

Edited by nontabury

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about kippers you can get them here, three times the price but can still get them, I know one supermarket what dose them and one restaurant never had them here but always used to have them in the uk

They have them in jomtien food mart and a restaurant about 5 mins from there

Blimey Scotsmarc a plate of fry-up Scottish style to cure your homesickness?

If it's that bad there's that fish and chippie in S. 19.

Take a Mars bar in there. I'm sure they will batter and deep-fry it for a small consideration.

Whereabouts is the chippy in Soi 19?

Blimey Scotsmarc a plate of fry-up Scottish style to cure your homesickness?

If it's that bad there's that fish and chippie in S. 19.

Take a Mars bar in there. I'm sure they will batter and deep-fry it for a small consideration.

Whereabouts is the chippy in Soi 19?

Sorry 23. Is it the Lighthouse?

I have recently recommended the dentist in 19. Hence my silly mistake.

The Scottish breakfast has square sausage (lorne) tattle scones and maybe some haggis or Cool die dumpling

For the usual negative trolls yes far away from home and love to live in the local fayre but sometimes you just miss what you miss.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for tomorrow it would be very much appreciated so much so I'll buy you a Scottish fry!

Did you mean to refer to " clootie dumpling" above?

The Scottish breakfast has square sausage (lorne) tattle scones and maybe some haggis or Cool die dumpling

For the usual negative trolls yes far away from home and love to live in the local fayre but sometimes you just miss what you miss.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for tomorrow it would be very much appreciated so much so I'll buy you a

Scottish fry!

If you want to cook your own

Siam expat foods Pattaya have square sausage

Edited by swampdonkey

It's hilarious. Travel half way round the world, live on your own country's foods despite Thailand having arguably one of best kitchens in the world.

Wonder how many calories in that pigfest. Heart attack on a plate.

Beans for breakfast, fried tomatoes, ugh.

There always has to be one of these in such threads...

What about the Swan which used to be on Sukhumvit right by Asoke BTS station and has now moved 200m down Soi 19?

Or Cheers restaurant on Soi 22 next to a bunch of bars, but then Cheers closed down.

Its a very competitive business.

I don't know jomtien, but will be passing by on my way to BKK later this week, would appreciate the address of the food mart, or is it well known and easy to find?

I don't know jomtien, but will be passing by on my way to BKK later this week, would appreciate the address of the food mart, or is it well known and easy to find?

the company who sells them are the called Thai Canadian meat company and I am sure I've seen there stuff in many places it's all in red packets, bacon and ham and stuff like that,the kippers are in the frozen bit,also if you cross the road go past family Mart I think it's the second restaurant they do a kipper breakfast I've never had it post-221742-14452420909431_thumb.jpg

Yes it well known it's on the main road

I was in there today and had a looked at the kippers they are a 115b

Bought a pack last week,just one in the pack,making it very expensive re the price in the UK. Found it to be like leather,probably due to it being over smoked. Also visited Makro and noticed they sell Yorkshire Black Pudding.

It's hilarious. Travel half way round the world, live on your own country's foods despite Thailand having arguably one of best kitchens in the world.

Exactly who says it is one of the best in the world?

And do you think Thais in London are sneering at each other for sticking to rice and noodles instead of eating pie mash and liquor or saveloys.

It is only hilarious to inverse racists like you, people just mainly like to eat what they are used to.

I don't know about now, but there is - or was - a Scottish bar in Soi 22, same side as the Imperial hotel and a hundred yards further along. I assume they might serve breakfast there.[/

quote]

I remember it, McAndrews was it ? But sadly long since gone.

I have posted already but here you go again....behind the Rembrandt hotel and on Soi 20 is a bar/restaurant which sells a Scottish breakfast including lorne sausage etc.

Please can one of the mods delete the stupidly oversized pics that are ruining this thread....oh and can some of the idiots try to at least stay vaguely on topic.