brahman cows

joeuk1

We have a couple of Brahman X cows ,both in calf ,one to an Angus ,the other to a ,Brahman ,or a Blond Aquitaine ,not certain which straw held .will know May next year .

What is your reason for asking ,are you looking to rear a few ,if so go for it , but they will not be cheap to buy ,red Brahman even more expensive than the white Brahman's .

Himalayan salt lick products. Natural mineral feeding for cattle.

I just found this product. I was wondering if anyone uses this? See link above.

Just had a look, I would say it would be a good quality product ,but I would say it would be a lot more expensive than other makes of salt blocks ,for your average Thai farmer ,where cost is everything ,they would go for another make ,also most dairy farmers feed a powdered mineral in the feed ,and have salt licks in the cattle sheds as a extra,that is how we do it .

For dairy cattle in Thailand ,where the soil's are shot of all the essential minerals ,just feeding salt licks ,of any kind ,will not provide the cow with enough minerals ,so feeding minerals in the feed is essential ,the salt lick we use are 98-99% salt ,minerals just a trace ,make a salt lick that is low in salt, high in minerals ,cows will not lick it ,most minerals not nice to eat ,especially magnesium ,adding salt encourages cows to lick mineral blocks .

We live in a big dairying area ,and I have never seen this make of salt block ,with at least 4 makes of salt blocks, and as many makes of mineral's ,if not more ,another new brand will struggle ,unless it is cheap .