Cuban Restaurant coming to Chiang Mai

Oscar2

i seldom ever get excited about restaurants as i don't think too many of them around here are any good so i eat at home 95% of the time. but i just saw an ad about "The Cubano" restaurant and pub opening in November. does anyone have any info about it? i absolutely love Cuban food!

Their sandwiches look good. I was turned onto them by a recent witty feelgood movie called "Chef".

I followed this recipe and it was pretty good.

Although having said that, I can't vouch for the bread, but I substituted a portugese "ciabatta", which was bloody excellent.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-cuban-sandwich-recipe.html

to each their own but i find Cuban cuisine quite tasty with influences from Spain, Africa, Caribbean, and France. yes the alcoholic drinks are really refreshing.

the ad says the location as Cubano Restaurant and Pub @ "The Pub"???

post-145128-0-12521100-1445009913_thumb.

to each their own but i find Cuban cuisine quite tasty with influences from Spain, Africa, Caribbean, and France. yes the alcoholic drinks are really refreshing.

Yeah, looks like they're taking the existing outdoor bar area (and the covered "bandstand") at The Pub and converting it. This is from the facebook page:

post-234579-0-10819200-1445011272_thumb.

Yeah, looks like they're taking the existing outdoor bar area (and the covered "bandstand") at The Pub and converting it. This is from the facebook page:

attachicon.gif12032089_1015722978467641_2052155603903500187_n.jpg

I see, did a u-turn there on the MTB a couple weeks back and saw the builders at work.

Does The Pub "serve" from 2-5PM if one is so inclined?

What are examples of Cuban food? My experience is limited to the Cuban sandwich served at the Dukes (good) and Mojitos (also good).

Cuban food includes great chicken served with plaintain and sides of black beans and rice; great pork served with same sides.

For more info check out this site with Cuban recipes http://icuban.com/food/main_d.html

"Does The Pub "serve" from 2-5PM if one is so inclined?"

Used too, but today I was told that Booze was 5-midnight due to location near school !

Also roomer that 'Someone' is after the site.

john

Great.

Another Hotel, Shopping Plaza, or Condominium Tower.

I'm sure the residents of Nimman would be ecstatic about having yet another shopping centre, even closer than Maya and making just as much noise.

biggrin.png

True. Plus there are parts of the day when the Nimmanhamin/Huay Kaew intersection isn't in total gridlock. One more shopping center should fix that.

"Another Hotel, Shopping Plaza, or Condominium Tower."

Er yes that was what was suggested to me.

john

So are the owners of Eastin hotel important enough to prevent another hotel going up on the site of The Pub, blocking the view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived