Current Requirements for Non Immigrant B VISA for Teaching Employment

Hello,

I'm currently living in Thailand under a Non Immigrant "O" (Marriage(. I was just offered a job teaching at a school which they need me to start next week. I will be going to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. Can anyone advise me the required documents I would need to change my current Non Immigrant "O" to a Non Immigrant "B" VISA.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by ubonjoe
changed to default font

Are you living in Thailand using a currently valid visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate or do you have an "extension of stay" based on marriage secured from Thai Immigration ?

Either will allow working !

You may need to produce your degree and police clearance certificate before a Work Permit is issued.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast reply oncearugge:

I obtained my Non Immigrant O VISA from the Thai Consulate in Hawaii this past April. I thought we weren't allowed to work on a Non Immigrant "O" VISA but the info from you is better yet! Could you tell me how to obtain a police clearance certificate since I never needed to get one before.

Thanks again for the reply

I obtained my Non Immigrant O VISA from the Thai Consulate in Hawaii this past April. I thought we weren't allowed to work on a Non Immigrant "O" VISA but the info from you is better yet! Could you tell me how to obtain a police clearance certificate since I never needed to get one before.

Your School (employer) should know what is required and it is them who need to apply for the Work Permit.

Check and make sure they have in fact made the application.

Your School (employer) should know what is required and it is them who need to apply for the Work Permit.

Check and make sure they have in fact made the application.

OK, I will check with my employer on what is required from me for my work permit. Thanks again oncearugge for your help and your time.